BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO M5 owners!
The day of me owning an M5 finally came! I am proudly the owner of an 1991 M5, I imported from MA, USA. Car is currently getting registered and legalized, also catching up on some last maintenance(tie rods/control arms/sway links). Previous owner spent about 4K on the car in the last 3 year, lowered with Bilsteins/Eibach's,Tri Flow exhaust, rebuilt tranny/new clutch/rear main, SSK, Chip, etc, etc.
Good shape overall, needs a few touch ups on the exterior, the interior is immaculate! Barely any rust to be seen.

Currently working on refinishing the rims(funky), and will be getting it some new tires.
Here is the pic from the Autotrader, will post my own soon....:applause:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Looks very nice and clean! Congrats! Now get some proper period correct rims on there!

·
Registered
58 Posts
those are style 66 m parallel available on e39 540 sport package cars. nice car!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congratulations on a great purchase, the car looks very clean. I think those wheels look quite good on that car although they probably have hubcentric spacers, also I would check the difference in offset ( if any ).

MIKE.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Nice car, welcome to the board.

I hope you enjoy the M5 ownership experience, I have not come across anything that comes close to matching it yet.

Jon

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys, the car needs a few small touch ups on the body that will be taken care of, but is very solid overall, much better than what was in the trader around the same time.

E30 SD is correst on the rims, and I will be keeping them, I like them. I am however repainting them black with some red to give the car a slightly different look.
Thanks to everyone, and there will be tons of questions from me, and I will try to contribute as much as I can.
I have bee a LONG time reader.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome.:cheers:
It is great to have another M5 in the Toronto area. We do track days at Cayuga a couple of times a year. I hope you can join us.

Enjoy your ride!

Terry

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Terry.

I have been to Shannonville in the past with my e30, don;t know if this one is going to see any track time, as my other hobby usually takes my weekends(offroading).

Will you be going to ted fest? www.tedfest.com
Huge 5 series gathering of locals!

Terry R.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks Terry.

I have been to Shannonville in the past with my e30, don;t know if this one is going to see any track time, as my other hobby usually takes my weekends(offroading).

Will you be going to ted fest? www.tedfest.com
Huge 5 series gathering of locals!

Terry R.
Not heard of it. BTW Link does not work:confused:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'm in.:M5launch:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've gone once, years ago when I had my e28. Had a blast. It was still small.

Seems to be growing, the guys are a riot.
Any other Toronto area guys on the board who would be up for it?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I am about 3 hours east of TO..(it was about 2 1/2 until the 50km law took effect) and would be interested. I've never tracked my car..Any chance of letting me know when you get to-gether?? Sounds like a great weekender..Thanks...Just got the link open for Ted Fest..I know when it is..OOps..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tedfest

I put the date for Tedfest in my day book. Hope to make it if the other love of my life lets me ...

Got the car out of storage this weekend. After warming the batter for about 2 hours, she started like a charm. What a blast ... I'm still smiling ...

DCN M5

1991 M5
1988 911

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hah. Seems to be the weekend here in TO. Did the same thing. :applause:
Was trickle-charging the battery in the basement during the last 4.5 months. Re-installed this afternoon, she started right up and took I took a 100kms boot to Whitby and back on the 401. It felt fabulous (taut,communicative and that engine!) especially after the rented Lexus bourgemobilezzzzz I have forced to drive for the last two weeks.
Bring on spring!:M5launch:

·
Registered
168 Posts
So, of course it snowed again last night.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
No kidding. My M5 is my DD, and I was pissed to no end to see it covered in snow this morning.
Man I love that car.
Finished re-doing my rims and ordered my summer tires, now we just wait for this **** weather to disappear.

Any of you on www.maxbimmer.com ?
Just day to day BMW local community.

I like this M specific board though, I feel like a privileged member of a club.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm being brave..Summer tires go on tomorrow..I'm getting ready for a trip to the Masters next weekend..GAWD I hope that climatologist that said perhaps 6 more weeks of winter was a little off in his statement..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts