BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just purchased a 2010 M5, 78k on the clock, SMG and most options. So far I love the car, it is an effing Beast!! Traded in my 2008 750LI on this baby. Have owned two other Ms, an E46M3 and Z4M coupe. Was pretty active on the Bimmerfest board, so plan to add what I can to this forum and of course I will have questions. But.....will remember "the search button is your friend, dont be scared of it".. hiha

I live in the Chattanooga area and would like to meet up with an experienced M5 owner in the area to test drive my car to rule out any issues. These Ms are pesky little suckers, so want to make sure she is running in tip top shape.

Some pics below:

Attachments

Reactions: Jahangeer

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Your love for your "German Supermodel" is shared by all of us. You will never stop loving her and she will make you grin every time you get in. I too ride in black and I wipe her down daily and detail her every week. Do you have any immediate plans to mod your beast? Good luck, enjoy and always...

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,395 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the v10 club!

Any mods planned?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Välkommen! Not too many 2010's around, good find!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome, great looking car. How did you get it to pose upside down? J/K

I'm not an experienced owner, but would love to meet up. Just a bit south of you in Birmingham.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the board. That's a lot of miles for a 2010. Someone must have done a lot of commuting!

Do you miss the cushy ride of the 750?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Congrats and welcome. If you need mods lemme know...I know a guy who has good prices on pretty much anything except Dinan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you

Thanks for all the nice welcome notes. Not sure I will do much in the way of mods for now, it is CPO'd until 3/2016 or 100k so may wait for that to expire before I do anything major. so far just KN filters and removal of the charcoal filter is about it. Did find that my oil cooler is leaking at the hose connection. Seems to be a common OEM issue with this cooler. Luckily I have the CPO and am taking it to the dealer tomorrow for service.

As for the cushy ride of the 750, dont miss it at all. Was a great car, but the M5 is an absolute beast. Get a grin every time I lay into the throttle and can feel my wallet getting smaller at the same time!!

This board seems to be the most active regarding M5s, will be sure to post whatever I do in the way of maintenance and repair. Had a local indy change the oil, rear diff and inspect the suspension for any bushing wear. Seems to be up to snuff. Will change out the SMG oil in the next week or so, dont believe the "lifetime" oil BS I get at the dealer.

Will hit up the fella in B'ham next time I am down that way!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts