BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon Everyone!

I have been a lurker for a little over 2 years now and have learned many many things from the Board members here and over on Bimmerforums. First here is a little story on how I fell in love with Bmw's. I was about Ten years old and I was riding with my dad, and me being young and it being early in the morning I was konked out in the passenger seat. AS I'm sleeping I hear this lovely rumble.....so of course I wake up and look over and see this Alpine White E39 M5....as I'm looking at the car the driver just punches the gas and for the first time I realized WOW that is a four door sedan and it is a BEAST. I made a mental note of the car and decided I wanted one when I became of a nice mature age...haha! Fast forward to 18 years old about a month before my 19th birthday. I had already had a teal 1994 ford Taurus that I paid 300$ for (first car) and then a 1998 Chevy Lumina LTZ that I paid 2000$ for (police package from NJ). I was tired of these types of cars. So I began to scour craigslist...I know I know not the best idea. However I came across a Titanium Silver E39 528i owned and garaged for its entire life! I bought the car for a good deal and ended up keeping the car for about 2 years until I was 21. Now in those years I crashed the car 3 times.... the first 2 times being my fault and rear ending people in stop and go traffic. The third time I hit a small patch of black ice and just barely touched a street sign. Myself, my brother and dad ended up repairing the car each time. The car stayed in our family until last year. I then purchased a 1999 Oxford Green E39 540i 6 speed, which I kept for about two years and just sold about a month ago.

Now for the great one. I purchased an Interlagos Blue Metallic E60 M5 on May 18th 2016. I have now owned the car for just a little over a year and man oh man! it has been a joy to drive!!
:devil. I have only had to replace the starter so far (knock on wood). Sorry for the lengthy write up! I am looking forward to gleaning more knowledge about our cars and I hope to now be an active member of the forums.

Thank you all!

Benjamin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry all! I have attached a few pictures finally.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts