BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a black sapphire 07 coupe back in Jan., and love it though Ive only driven it a couple of times since I'm up north for school.
Thinking of a few projects for my M for when I get back this summer and was thinking of starting with the front and side grills, either matte black or carbon fiber.
I put some images together to see what it may look like and and wondering what people think. (the CF frames were shopped into an older pic from I first got the car, so they look a lil washed out)

The only other thing Ive done to my M was the logo floor mats and carbon fiber frames.(little hard to see the detail since it was a camera phone, but look nice in person)

How do the side grills come off, Ive seen how the front grills come off, but couldn't find instructions for the side ones.

So Matte, CF, or any other opinion?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Remove front plate.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!

Cover or remove orange triangle side markers on headlight cluster. It is just a fugly mistake by the factory. :dunno:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I elected not to have a front plate. I like the look better without one, and am willing to pay the consequences if caught.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Welcome Aboard :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Remove side grilles: Press in slightly, then slide back half an inch. They will come out at that point. When putting new ones on, be sure to "hook" the front into the slot before pressing the grille in or else the front end will stick out.

Rear License plate: You might try cutting down the giant stock rear plate holder to get your rear plate up higher and to get rid of the visual excess around the plate. Here is how I did mine: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...144526-very-individual-m6-41.html#post1734143 and here is how Clyde did his: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...-license-plate-alternative-8.html#post1036787

The list of possible mods is almost endless. Just look at photos of what Board members have done (almost no one has a completely stock M6) and see what effects you like.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And congrats on picking the best color for your beast...IMO!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Sapphire black rules lol! I have an 06 and couldent imagine it any other color! Welcome

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for some feedback, love the ideas provided
wish i could remove the front plate but had enough encounters with that in the past. as for the amber corners, still deciding what i wana do with them.
Ya black beat the other colors for me when deciding. since i liked how it looked with a full black leather interior.

any thoughts on whether to do matte black grills or carbon fiber grills? or leave stock?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I wouldn't change out the grills and side markers unless you are going totally murdered out. Then it is a must. I prefer the break from black and it tends to highlight the lines. Just the way I like it; you have to decide what is right for you. Black wheels, tint, hair, sunglasses, etc.....:blabla:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I would still leave the front plate off if I had to pay $100 a month in tickets lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts