BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Charlie and I bought my M5 about 4 months ago. I just joined the board today. I am looking for some OEM rims. I desparately need a rear rim and could also use a front rim. I would buy a whole set if that was all that is available. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or rims

thanks
c

·
Registered
7,572 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just curious What is wrong with the set you got now ?

charhawk said:
Hi,

My name is Charlie and I bought my M5 about 4 months ago. I just joined the board today. I am looking for some OEM rims. I desparately need a rear rim and could also use a front rim. I would buy a whole set if that was all that is available. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or rims

thanks
c

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My left rear rim got curbed at a parking garage in NYC this weekend. The front rim has a minor bend in the lip (one of the minor flaws when I bought the car). The front rim does not really bother me that much because you have to look very hard to see it. The rear rim really bothers me.... I have major issues with rims that have kissed curbs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bimmer23 said:
Just curious What is wrong with the set you got now ?
my reply is below..... I am new to the board so please be patient with me as I figure out how to use it

·
Registered
612 Posts
charhawk said:
my reply is below..... I am new to the board so please be patient with me as I figure out how to use it
Don't worry. We'll be patient! Welcome to the Board and good luck in getting your wheels.

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
charhawk said:
Welcome aboard. Check the "for sale" section, rims do come up from time to time and board members take pretty good care of their equipment. You can also try ebay and roadfly.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gsfent said:
Welcome aboard. Check the "for sale" section, rims do come up from time to time and board members take pretty good care of their equipment. You can also try ebay and roadfly.
Regards,
Jerry
where is the "for sale" section?

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
charhawk said:
where is the "for sale" section?
When you log in, there are various discussion groups to choose from. This one is E39/Z8, there is one for E60, E34, E28 etc. Near the bottom of that page is "For Sale". Click on the hyperlink and you are all set.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Be careful on ebay- people are selling aftermarket junk, sometimes they know it sometimes they don't. They also sell 'real oe wheels' but they've been repainted.

There is a full set with mich PS2s for sale on ebay- Chris has been trying to sell them for months, but his expectations are unrealistic... maybe they've changed.

A

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ard said:
Welcome to the board.

Be careful on ebay- people are selling aftermarket junk, sometimes they know it sometimes they don't. They also sell 'real oe wheels' but they've been repainted.

There is a full set with mich PS2s for sale on ebay- Chris has been trying to sell them for months, but his expectations are unrealistic... maybe they've changed.

A
do you know the auction number? Or any contact info for him?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
charhawk said:
Sorry, couldn't find it again.

FYI- the link above is for re-painted OEM wheels.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
charhawk said:
found the link in the deleted emails- here is the last auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43958&item=7991555104

good luck. I think he wanted north of $1500:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7978771981

I offered to buy the rears, and his reply was; I won't split the set- I will "relist them indefinitely"- this from 2.5 months ago...

A

1 - 18 of 18 Posts