BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellas... id like to tell all of you that this board has been very very helpful in my search and decission to purchase an M5... i put a deposit on an 03 carbon black/red & black interiour w/ 38K miles.... hopefully it will be out of PPI soon so i can pick the car up... this car is an absolute monster and can't wait to put my foot down on the go-go pedal, and see how it compares to other cars i have owned (67 chevelle SS 396 on alcohol and 89 lx 5.0 mustang super charged).... you guys have been very helpful, at first when i test drove the car i heard a ticking noise that i thought sounded like a valve noise and thought that the motor was beat to crap... but after doin alittle research i found this board and my mind was finally at ease when i red the vanos noise threads.... i want thank you for the threads on what to look for when purchasing an E39 M5, which was very helpful.... hopefully ill be driving in my M5 soon enough and i can share the experience with u all...:)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
(Preliminary) CONGRATS and welcome, man!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Might not be as quick as your other 2 cars but she loves to run.:M5launch::)
Welcome, good luck on the car, and enjoy!

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
thanks diny... hey man where on LI are you from... i just moved to fresh meadows in queens from long island... i used to live in east meadow...
I live way out east (in comparison), close to Southaven park (south of LIEs exit 65).

Not to worry, there's a whole bunch of guys on this board who live way closer to you. I was a bit surprised by the number, to be honest :cheers:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i also want to know if anybody on this board has just recently traded in a carbon black E39 M5 at habberstat BMW in huntington station... just wanted to see if it was owned by anybody on this board??

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard, get some pics on here when you get that thing!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just picked up an '03 Carbon Black/Caramel/Burl this past Thurs from a private seller and am looking forward to learning from all the other Beast-masters on this Forum. Agree that this Board has been invaluable in terms of info and insights.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow seems like weve got alot of NY e39 M5 owners.... this is great... do any of you guys ride??....

and thank you all for the kind welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow seems like weve got alot of NY e39 M5 owners.... this is great... do any of you guys ride??....

and thank you all for the kind welcome!
You mean motorcycle? I used to have a Honda VFR 750 until it was stolen...now with wife and baby, those days are gone (for now) :crying2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts