BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a proud owner of a gray 2010 e60 with 10k miles. So far the car has been problem free and a pure joy to drive. Just this pm, on my way from work, I got a "increased emissions" light on. I did not even left the parking lot. Doing a quick search I discovered that it is not that uncommon and my symptoms could indicate a faulty O2 sensor (maybe post cat?).

I just moved to Minneapolis, MN three weeks ago and have no idea which dealer I should go to. Perhaps there are shops around that people trust more than dealers... I would appreciate any dealer recommendations you may have. If you have experienced this issue and somehow got around it, have a fix or DIY I would appreciate that as well.

I have an extended warranty, so I will need to pay the deductible, but hopefully the warranty will pick up the rest.

Thanks a lot!

Yarek

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Camride, you are right. It could be other things as well. I wanted to stop by autozone just to have a scan, out of curiosity, but I need an oil change so I think I will just make one trip.

ModestHT, do you have any experience with Motorwerks? if so, can you suggest a reasonable advisor to talk to? If not, have you been to BMW of Minnetonka? I wonder how those two compare?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts