BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2007 6spd. 156k on the clock and rides amazing. Taking her in for an inspection by a Euro ship here in Va. I know the car has a tune on it and some coil overs that make the ride terrible. She looks mean but I will probably remove this suspension and go with the factory setup, dam near bounced out of my seat going over a feather.
C1E4A5E6-F3C1-4F58-8542-FB8FEBA5417A.jpeg
C1E4A5E6-F3C1-4F58-8542-FB8FEBA5417A.jpeg

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the club, I just bought a high mileage 6 spd too. If there's no record on the bearings being done recently, replace those and "reset the clock". Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
330 Posts
See what coilovers you have, might be able to adjust them.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,263 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the 3 pedal club!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the club, I just bought a high mileage 6 spd too. If there's no record on the bearings being done recently, replace those and "reset the clock". Enjoy the car!
Definitely. At the shop now having the once over.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I got my report back and this is what they said:
2B2E IDLE ACTUATOR BANK 1
LMDA CONTROL AT CAT.
DMTL LEAKAGE DETECTION
REPLACE REAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS (INSTALLING MY SELF TODAY)
BOTH REAR MUFFLERS REMOVED (WOW) THAT WOULD EXPLAIN HOW LOUD IT IS

WHAT DO YOU GUYS/GIRLS THINK?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Car has LCI lights on it, you might take a close look at it....sometimes the previous owner 'making it better' can have the effect of making a lot of headaches for you.

Is it carbon metallic black?

·
Registered
220 Posts
So I got my report back and this is what they said:
2B2E IDLE ACTUATOR BANK 1
LMDA CONTROL AT CAT.
DMTL LEAKAGE DETECTION
REPLACE REAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS (INSTALLING MY SELF TODAY)
BOTH REAR MUFFLERS REMOVED (WOW) THAT WOULD EXPLAIN HOW LOUD IT IS

WHAT DO YOU GUYS/GIRLS THINK?
Idle actuator is kind of an expensive part and I think they are usually replaced in pairs but you may be able to source cheaper elsewhere, I'm not sure. Surprised it's not in limp mode for that, when one of my IA's failed it cut to 4.5k rpm redline and the idle rpm stays steady at 1k because the throttle actuators take over the idle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idle actuator is kind of an expensive part and I think they are usually replaced in pairs but you may be able to source cheaper elsewhere, I'm not sure. Surprised it's not in limp mode for that, when one of my IA's failed it cut to 4.5k rpm redline and the idle rpm stays steady at 1k because the throttle actuators take over the idle.
Yeah I’m not sure they’re bad. I believe it’s something else that’s tripping it. They rest the SES light and it hasn’t come back on. I’m going to change the spark plugs and look into the fuel vent valve. Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome
Just bought a 2007 6spd. 156k on the clock and rides amazing. Taking her in for an inspection by a Euro ship here in Va. I know the car has a tune on it and some coil overs that make the ride terrible. She looks mean but I will probably remove this suspension and go with the factory setup, dam near bounced out of my seat going over a feather. View attachment 941921 View attachment 941921 View attachment 941921

Congrats on getting that 6mt and welcome to an addiction. You got rid of about 60% of your anticipated problem owning this platform by getting the manual. I've been spending money on mods instead of SMG repairs. But you still got your usual throttle actuators, idle actuators, rod bearings, etc, etc.. not a big deal. Goodluck and enjoy!

Reactions: Legenddblock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome

Congrats on getting that 6mt and welcome to an addiction. You got rid of about 60% of your anticipated problem owning this platform by getting the manual. I've been spending money on mods instead of SMG repairs. But you still got your usual throttle actuators, idle actuators, rod bearings, etc, etc.. not a big deal. Goodluck and enjoy!
Will do!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts