BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after having an "incident" at the track a few weeks ago I decided that I couldn't risk ruining my semi-daily driver (97 m3) by stuffing it into another tire wall. The damage did however turn out to be much less than what I had originally thought (really just a couple of scratches and a bunch of rubber marks that came right out). So my thought was that I would get yet another car to drive around and keep the M3 for the track car (girlfirend seems to think it has become her car). I will get some pics up soon of the M3...but until then....here is the new ride:

2000 M5 CPO
Carbon Black
39,xxx Miles
The power rear sunshade and power side mirrors have been getting a workout.

you will have to excuse the Jersey plates......I I haven't yet had time to register it in my name.....just got it friday. The pics kinda suck because I don't know how to take photos........I can assure you it is super clean in person. It "needs" an exhuast, possibly some updated headlights, and I beleive I have done a number on the clutch already...here goes

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congradulation..

Your M5 looks Cherry....

Let me just warn you.. Get some "bengay" or some Heat rub for your back.
When its time to Clean the WHEELS you will know why.

Welcome

·
Registered
56 Posts
great pictures, i also have a carbon black m5 and love it, enjoy:M5launch:
3rd One said:
well, after having an "incident" at the track a few weeks ago I decided that I couldn't risk ruining my semi-daily driver (97 m3) by stuffing it into another tire wall. The damage did however turn out to be much less than what I had originally thought (really just a couple of scratches and a bunch of rubber marks that came right out). So my thought was that I would get yet another car to drive around and keep the M3 for the track car (girlfirend seems to think it has become her car). I will get some pics up soon of the M3...but until then....here is the new ride:

2000 M5 CPO
Carbon Black
39,xxx Miles
The power rear sunshade and power side mirrors have been getting a workout.

you will have to excuse the Jersey plates......I I haven't yet had time to register it in my name.....just got it friday. The pics kinda suck because I don't know how to take photos........I can assure you it is super clean in person. It "needs" an exhuast, possibly some updated headlights, and I beleive I have done a number on the clutch already...here goes

·
Registered
311 Posts
What I did on mine was to change the bulbs in all the side markers and turn signals to clear. An easy and inexpensive way to be considered and still kept the uniqness of the 2000 year model since there are just so few of them driven around.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats and welcome! IMO Carbon Black has got to be the hottest color on an M5...Call me bias though :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts