BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after year of driving BMW 3-series cars, I made the jump to an E39 M5 this week. My current car is a '97 E36 M3 coupe that I've been driving since I got it in late 1999, but I finally had enough of getting two kids into car seats in the small confines of my M3 with only two doors.

Now I have the space, 4-doors, and that wonderful sound and feeling when I use that fun pedal on the right.:haha:

The new Beast in our yard is a 2000 Silverstone M5 with 100K miles on it. I met the previous owner through this forum, and it was obvious that he took good care of the car. It has had all the right maintenance in the key areas and except for needing new tires and some suspension bushings (that the previous owner pointed out), it should be ready for many more miles of fun.

I took a couple of pictures today in the driveway while it was still nice and clean even though the light wasn't the best. The low sun angle this time of year washes out the blue in the Silverstone paint, leaving it looking more silver.

This forum has been a great way to find out what to look for when buying and I'm sure I'll be exercising the search feature frequently as I spend more time with the new Beast.

Now I just have to sell my '97 Estoril Blue M3 coupe with 82K miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
welcome to the board mang. Nice color!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Welcome to the pleasures of M5 ownership! Car looks great:M5launch:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congratulations - you should post more often :thumbsup:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Welcome & congrats on the purchase. I have a history of 2 95 M3s...highly modded w/ SC, sways, Bilsteins, diff, etc. Definite different feeling w/ the E39 M5...more of a freeway car w/ the V8. M3 better suited for the canyons. No regrets though. Have fun. :cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mmmmmm, I love silverstone. I almost went that route when I got mine.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
welcome along! Lovelly looking car you have there!

cheers and enjoy!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the M5 club. You'll enjoy the extra HP, oh and there is a little extra space as well!.
Nice color!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, here's a couple of pics of my current E36 M3 (taken a few years back and after a major wash/clay/wax session):

Attachments

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Welcome Fellow Silvestone 2000 owner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts