BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im so happy to join the club~ :thumbsup: Just purchased a used 2006. Won't be here for another 1.5 weeks, the pain! I plan on keeping it for at least 4 years, hopefully longer. I am wondering how its futuristic looks will hold up down the line. I think it looks fantastic now, just like how a modern 8-series should. I've been in love since ever I saw the concept Z9

I was originally gonna get a 08 M3, but optioned out the price was nearly the same as a used M6, I just can't rationalize spending nearly 80k on a 3 series, here in LA u just see way too many and my past two cars were 3s.. its time to move up!

practicality was an issue for me. it has no fold down seats, poor gas mileage and back seats only good for small asian girls (fine by me =) but damnit its just so beautiful and so much nicer & exclusive than an M5

I already ordered the 08 head/tail lights, gonna remove charcoal filters and install eibach springs, angel brights and thats about it..

So I have to watch the oil consumption? Any other tips for a new owner?

thanks in advance,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Congrats!!

ps. Those guys in TX you bought it from are really great.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Im so happy to join the club~ :thumbsup: Just purchased a used 2006. Won't be here for another 1.5 weeks, the pain! I plan on keeping it for at least 4 years, hopefully longer. I am wondering how its futuristic looks will hold up down the line. I think it looks fantastic now, just like how a modern 8-series should. I've been in love since ever I saw the concept Z9

I was originally gonna get a 08 M3, but optioned out the price was nearly the same as a used M6, I just can't rationalize spending nearly 80k on a 3 series, here in LA u just see way too many and my past two cars were 3s.. its time to move up!

practicality was an issue for me. it has no fold down seats, poor gas mileage and back seats only good for small asian girls (fine by me =) but damnit its just so beautiful and so much nicer & exclusive than an M5

I already ordered the 08 head/tail lights, gonna remove charcoal filters and install eibach springs, angel brights and thats about it..

thanks in advance,

Dude I was looking at that M6 - did you pick it up from Addison?

There's one across the street I'm interested in for the same price but I want to look at a black one in Houston when I can get the chance.

·
Registered
651 Posts

thanks in advance,
hahaha you are right up my alley. thats all i go for ! don't know why haha :dunno:..welcome to the club.. where in LA, i seen an M6 this exact color a few days ago in NOHO. :M5launch:

·
1,764 Posts
Awesome! Welcome aboard.

:cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
welcome and congrats.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Get it yet?!?!??!

I just got delivery as well...you will love it!

Same mods...I'm putting Eibach springs as well, and Angelbrights later too!
RPI will do my scoops and filters...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome to the family. Good choice on the M6 vs the M3...:7:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, the wait is killing me!

it takes like 2 weeks for the shippers to even pick it up?~

well, I should have it by next week! :wroom:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Good come with us to M-Fest in VEGAS!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Don't forget to add boobs (RPI Scoops) to your list of mods. It's a must. Just had mine installed last week and it the best bang for the buck. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts