BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I just recently purchased a 2006 M5 and I am loving every thing about it but finding if overwhelming to learn about it. My M5 I call her Joy and recently took her in to put her on the racks to take a look and make sure she's good at 75k miles. The tech said she's great with lots of dealer extras....and aftermarket header, midpipe and cat......I want to do so much with it and make it that much cooler...yep I have been a minivan mom for a while with 2 corvettes and a mustang...but now I am in need of help.....the one and only thing that the dealer did suggest would be to do the rod bearings and I am good with that instead of replacing the splitter that cracked...Of course it was a Hamann and I can get one but bearings are more important before 80k however yesterday they said she's sent a code 16 time that said the smg hydraulic pump is going....Not if but when....and today she locked on starting and wouldn't let me start her or more the gears.....but could do it after a minute....what would you do......run, invest or trade.....any ideas of updoing and fixing would be great...Ideally I would love to keep it but at 7k for the pump not sure it makes sense especially with one going into college. I am a spirited driver btw. creating a thread is so intimidating and seems complex so forgive me for being a newbie

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hello Joy,

Seems you have posted to the wrong section. Hopefully a mod can move this for better visibility. There is threads concerning the SMG pump which may or may not need to be replacement. You should be able to search for them. I will try to find them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts