BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pilot sports have developed a bubble in the side wall. (possibly from a pot hole) So it's time to replace them. My QUESTIONS ARE

1. Should I replace all four or just the front as it is the one with the damage?
2. Can any garage handle the install?
3. What is everyone else running on?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
m5tackulous said:
My pilot sports have developed a bubble in the side wall. (possibly from a pot hole) So it's time to replace them. My QUESTIONS ARE

1. Should I replace all four or just the front as it is the one with the damage?
And the answers are:

1. Depends are the condition and tread left on the other tires if you want to change all four. Otherwise if treads are more than 50% left, change the one front, 50% and less left then change the front set and keep the extra front as a spare.
2. Any reputable tire dealer in your area should OK.
3. Bridgestone S03.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
m5tackulous said:

1. Unless tires are reasonably new, replace in pairs by axle. If it is front, get two fronts, keep remaining front as a spare.
2. Yes, but wide wheels and low profile tires can be difficult to work with, so make sure they are careful when handling wheels. Virtually impossible to refinish in the U.S. to match existing.
3. Lots of choices. I would rate PS2 and Goodyear DS G3 as at the top (PS2 not unidirectional). Others people like are S03 and P Zero, as well as few who like Toyos. I am sure there are others. Depends on your needs and wallet.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts