BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 40 Posts

· Registered
2,776 Posts
First of all, welcome Bugeater (John) to the board. John is a great guy, everyone, he will feel at home here. We had some great fun this weekend at VIR with our "toys", that's for sure. John, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get out there and show you how that M5 really scoots, but I think my wifey did a good enough job. I wanted to drive your car and feel the clutch and flywheel setup, but never got a chance.

Get on the phone with Dave Z tomorrow and order your StopTechs so we can play again soon. When are you headed back out? Our next event is April 9-10 w/THSCC at VIR South.

· Registered
2,776 Posts
I find it strange that Dinan specs -2.2 for rear. Even under very severe track use, -1.8 in the rear works absolutely perfectly for me. Tire wear could not be more perfect in the rear. The front should be higher than -2.0 IMO, for track use. Mine is at -2.2 and it could really use another half degree or more for the track. I keep it at -2.2 for the street and it wears just fine.

· Registered
2,776 Posts
Echoing what mottati says, my car is probably 1.0-1.5" lower than stock in the rear, yet I was still able to adjust to -1.8 degrees camber. I do not recommend any more under any circumstances, but to each his own :cheers:

· Registered
2,776 Posts
M5HP said:
Carbotech XP9(1109),these are the pads I'm trying next.Alot of the BMWCC instructors are using this pad with grest results.They are rotor-friendly,non-corrosive and full ceramic and last a long time and dust less than OEM pads.They are a full track pad that can work on the street.They use an actual BMW backing plate.In speaking to a friend who races and has experience with this pads, he has used these pads on the street with no issues with squealing.

The XP9 are terrific pads. I used them for many years on my Corvette coupe and Z06. They are all of the things you said above. If you end up needing more stopping power, try the XP10. I use those on my 332i track beast and they are great, although they dust a LOT. For those with StopTech rotors, be wary as I found that the XP9 does not seem to be compatible with the rotor for some reason. It kept leaving deposits and causing harsh vibrations. Should be fine on stock rotors though.

· Registered
2,776 Posts
EdP said:
Still trying to figure out why so many read DSC "on" when I said "off." but thanks for stating the obvious ouich
I did not read your post wrong at all. My response did not have anything to do with your post. Don't be so paranoid :1:

I was just taking part in the thread. lovelove

1 - 6 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.