BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Administrator
861 Posts
I'm very unhappy with the new format. I cannot view as much content on one page, there seem to be more ads encroaching on real estate on the right side and top (slowing down page loads, contrary to the stated intent of the upgrade to speed things up), and the mobile view is gawd-awful.

The mobile view default is also reluctant to let me revert to the non-mobile version when viewed on an iphone. The links don't respond when you select the classic layout until I try a few times to click on them or orient my phone 90 degrees right/left a few times.

In summary, the old layout seemed tighter and more refined, more content was viewable, ads didn't take over nearly half of the screen, and the mobile browser didn't intrude.

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. What iphone are you using and is the IOS upto date? I have an iPhone 5c and it appears to be working when switching from mobile back to non-mobile view.

Also, try clearing your cookies and cache and make sure you are logged in. Let me know if there is any change.

Cheers,

-Marie
community support

·
Administrator
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
The side bar can be turned off. It's item #6 in the first post.

Why does my 'Post Quick Reply' button not work anymore? I'm typing this in the quick reply box, but then when I click the button, nothing happens. I have to click 'Go advanced' then click post.

Also the page loads seem to be much longer suddenly. The site was very fast when first upgraded, but yesterday and today, it seems I have 35sec to 1 min load times when browsing (all other websites are fine).

Thanks for any help.

Oh, I'm in the new format, really trying to use it over switching to legacy, even though I'm old and feeble.
Thanks for sharing info about the Sidebar.

The Quick Reply broke this week network wide and they are working on it now. Should be resolved soon.

Think the site hang ups have to do with the recent bug, should be resolved soon also.

Jeff

·
2,132 Posts
I still think there really should be a E60 on the top of the page... It is one of the most busy sections of the forum, and it is really sad to not see our model on the page, esp when the F10 model is most likely the least use forum section.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I still think there really should be a E60 on the top of the page... It is one of the most busy sections of the forum, and it is really sad to not see our model on the page, esp when the F10 model is most likely the least use forum section.
The F10 section is the "least used" because it is a newer model and there are not a lot of them out there compared to the other chassis.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Two comments: 1) Post Quick Reply button does not actually post. It returns you to the thread, but your reply is not posted. It remains in the Quick Reply box. You need to click Go Advanced button, then post reply from that screen. 2) Forum Tools -> Mark Forums Read does not refresh the thread list as before. You can use the browser refresh/reload button and it will then show all threads are read.

*** Apparently Post Quick Reply has been fixed! Just worked when I posted this reply.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The F10 section is the "least used" because it is a newer model and there are not a lot of them out there compared to the other chassis.
no lol its because they're all over on M5Post.

·
Registered
733 Posts
On my list of important fixes for the site, exactly which cars are on the banner is waaaay down there.... the banner looks cool even if it doesn't have an e60 right now.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I think the banner is perfect the way it is.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I alluded to this in an earlier feedback. If I am the last poster to a subscribed thread, I see no chevron so I cannot go to the last post. If someone other than me is the last poster then I can see both the tick and chevron.

Attachments

·
Administrator
861 Posts
I have reported the blank edit box issue to the tech team.

As for the newest post chevron issue, I think that it was intentional to have a check mark beside the ones where you were the last poster so you know that you were the last poster and not someone else.

~Kay

121 - 140 of 165 Posts