BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been after a CF trim for a while.. managed to get a this custom made... results are excellent!









Gives a slightly brighter feel to the car. :M5thumbs:
Waiting to get the bottom half of the steering wheel made to match, currently have the M3 CSL shadow trim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Really nice! Who fabricated that for you?
Smeels like a Group buy idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Do you have two headlight knobs? Looks like they're on either side of the steering wheel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Fog lights...my bad. Haven't used mine in 2 years...forgot it was even there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks bob, will find out about a possible group buy, these were infact an original wood trim kit purchased from the dealer, then sent away to be re-trimed, they fit exactly, nice push fit.
Paul..yep fogs.. but more importantly, HID fogs :D!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Thanks for not doggin' me on the light switch comment...I was waiting for someone to jump all over me for that. The CF looks nice. Does that have different color options? Maybe something more gunmetal than silver? Or even more black than silver? That might be a nice feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paulbondy said:
Thanks for not doggin' me on the light switch comment...I was waiting for someone to jump all over me for that. The CF looks nice. Does that have different color options? Maybe something more gunmetal than silver? Or even more black than silver? That might be a nice feature.
No probs dude, done even worse things myself! :7:

CF trim as far as I know was only in Black, the official AC Schnitzer black cf trim is available from Beastpower.. he has it in his e39 too! Personally I think it looks alittle too dark, hence makes the whole cabin feel alittle dark n gloomy (which may suit some folks), but this silver trim gives a slightly fresher and brighter feel. :wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Re: dam you Tin .........

FAST 5 said:
Im always a step or two behind you..................
Now I'll have to consider upgrading my dam trim!
By the way..... very nice looking and I agree with the brighter look over the darker gloomy look. cherrsagai
LOL.. well I like to be different :) but I'm way behind some folks on here... is there any kind of listing of the top 10 modified cars on the board? BlackM5 & SC'Kelleners'd probably high up in the rankings.. :M5thumbs:

Dinan S2's can't be included, as their "off da shelf" packages heheh, just kidding!

Be interesting to find out how big is the percentage of modified M5's on the board.. I'd guess at 70% of board members have changed something on their m5 :M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: dam you Tin .........

Gustav said:
Looks very nice! It si not from AC Schnitzer?
no, its infact from www.ssdd-motorsport.com kinggf but custom made to order from original e39 parts. Finding out on a possibly group buy..but will ok it with you beforehand ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Very cool. I am assuming that the flash from the camera makes the CF appear a bit brighter than it really is. Was it difficult to change these pieces out? What did you have before, wood or silver plastic stuff?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Looks good Tin, and matches the interior nicely.

I think Birds were charging around £2k for the hartge version of this, not sure what yours came to?

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Looks sharp Tin, great choice!

Do all of the 01 and newer europe cars still have black guage faces??

-Audio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Very nice. :thumbsup: The lighter coloured CF trim really works well with the dark interior. What about the steering wheel trim piece?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
MAH said:
Very cool. I am assuming that the flash from the camera makes the CF appear a bit brighter than it really is. Was it difficult to change these pieces out? What did you have before, wood or silver plastic stuff?
Yes, the camera flash does make it brighter... will do some daytime pics shortly.

Very simple to change (centre console alittle more trickier, but being patient it can be done).

I had the titanium brush finish before hand.

foxyboym5 said:
Looks good Tin, and matches the interior nicely.

I think Birds were charging around £2k for the hartge version of this, not sure what yours came to?

cheers
Thanks dude, cost was £650, working on a mini group with Ted @ www.ssdd-motorsport.com

The Black CF ACS one is around £1500.

Audioguy said:
Looks sharp Tin, great choice!

Do all of the 01 and newer europe cars still have black guage faces??

-Audio
haha, you've found out my secret! my car is a MY99! have pretty much done all the facelift mods and more, lcd pixels are slowly getting bad (only one row gone bad, at the moment). Only things I don't have that facelifts do, is the m-tech mirror (not really overly keen on it) and the grey dials (again not overly keen on it). :1:

Terk said:
Very nice. :thumbsup: The lighter coloured CF trim really works well with the dark interior. What about the steering wheel trim piece?
am waiting to get that too, Ted can do both (inc the surround around the buttons), but i just want the lower half, with the ///m badge indent.

tin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Tin said:
am waiting to get that too, Ted can do both (inc the surround around the buttons), but i just want the lower half, with the ///m badge indent.tin
I think the lower part of the steering wheel would really finish the interior. Very Cool Tin. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Re: dam you Tin .........

Tin said:
LOL.. well I like to be different :) but I'm way behind some folks on here... is there any kind of listing of the top 10 modified cars on the board? BlackM5 & SC'Kelleners'd probably high up in the rankings.. :M5thumbs:

Dinan S2's can't be included, as their "off da shelf" packages heheh, just kidding!

Be interesting to find out how big is the percentage of modified M5's on the board.. I'd guess at 70% of board members have changed something on their m5 :M5launch:
Dude,
Great idea with respect to having a "poll" about the top 10 modified M5s on this board. It should be top 10 or top 12 as in a dozen of the most modified beats on the board. START THE INQUIRY! DO IT BRO !!!!! :M5thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,002 Posts
Good way to make an expensive car look cheap thats for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jayson said:
Good way to make an expensive car look cheap thats for sure.
? how do you come to that conclusion?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top