BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly I am more viewer to this site than particpant, I thought I'd seek attention by showing my new wheels. Moved up to a 19x8.5 Front and 19x10 Rear. Never gone with a "colored" wheel before, but the matte black is growing on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Im not normally a fan of black wheels but with that color and the mouldings and the grill being black it looks very nice. Very sporty

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Looks great! I am getting my stock wheels refinished this winter and I am torn between gloss black and matte black powder coat... I will also have a blacked out grille and smoked clear corner lenses.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
VERY nice! I actually love the look of black wheels on sterling. Great choice of spoke design also. Are those VMR VB3s?

What tires did you go with?

You made a good choice. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are VMR VB3 wheels and the tires are Nexen N3000 tires. I have had a few sets and al have preformed very under agressive driving conditions.

245/35/19 Front
275/30/19 Rear:M5launch:

·
Registered
194 Posts
That looks awesome! I was actually wanting to know how black rims look on Sterling Grey...might have to go for it! Great looking car, have some fun! :M5launch:

Ryan

·
Registered
832 Posts
The more I look the more I like!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Very nice. I am in the process of doing this to my car with all 9.5s.

The "black" I picked is called "Sterling Black" too! It is just off black with a little fleck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I really love those VMR's. I feel like your car is just light enough to pull off dark wheels, but it looks great. How are those 9x10's working out?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
What do you think about black center caps? yawnnnn

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
I guess I will be in the minority, but I don't like it. I think sterling is the best color out there, and to me the black wheels detract from the beauty of it. I think those wheels finished in silver would be the bee's knees on your car.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looking good. I would also like to have black wheels... But maybe oem style.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Love the look of the wheels.I think it would look wrong on my carbon black car though?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
How can I not agreehiha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I guess I will be in the minority, but I don't like it. I think sterling is the best color out there, and to me the black wheels detract from the beauty of it. I think those wheels finished in silver would be the bee's knees on your car.
I beleive it is the other way around the black wheels contrasts with the color of the car and brings out the beauty of the car

·
Registered
46 Posts
looks great. i wonder if you could get black and silver BMW center caps. they make them for the other emblems...think it would look awesome

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Love the look of the wheels.I think it would look wrong on my carbon black car though?
I use to run matte black wheels on my CB and it looked really good and aggressive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts