BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

TURIN, Italy — The RK Spyder is the first fruit of a promising collaboration between noted Italian designer Alfredo Stola and German tuner Alois Ruf.

Stola's new venture, StudioTorino, has partnered with Ruf Automobile, located in Pfaffenhausen, Germany, to create a high-performance roadster based on the Porsche 911. StudioTorino says it expects to build no more than 49 copies.

The Ruf-tuned, 3.8-liter, supercharged, flat-six engine makes 420 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque. The two-seater can sprint from zero to 60 mph in fewer than 4.5 seconds and rides on 19-inch, low-profile Fulda performance tires.

Other partners in the car's development include Bilstein and Brembo.

Stola's grandfather established a custom coach-building business in Turin and began creating special bodies for Lancia. His father, Roberto, took over the company in 1978. Alfredo left the family business a year ago.

What this means to you: If you like the performance of Porsche's 911 but find its exclusivity factor a little low, here's the perfect alternative.

Source:Edmunds

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Nice. I was invited to the press release in Turin but couldn't go. ouich

With regards to the performance I understood this could not be the R50.

Are there any better pics around?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
SUPRA said:

Lovely - I was considering a 3600S a couple of years ago and this looks even better - looks like it's based on the Boxster rather than the Carrera, though, no?

Wonder if you can charm them into dropping in a 650bhp engine from the RT12...? :haha2:

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was based on the Boxster as well, but the article refers to the 911.

There should be more pictures in the next day or so - no other press has mentioned the car as of yet.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
That's the old model - i.e. 3400/3600S - 986-based - the picture at the top looks to me like a 987-based car...

·
Registered
714 Posts
SUPRA said:

yes, on their site there is a full coverage on the project.
StudioTorino :byebye:

·
Registered
714 Posts
actually, i think Ruf and stola is a nice name to do a cross over.
the stola concept a few years ago based on a porsche was okay.
but the name studiotorino just doesnt sound strong.

i will be more interested in what henrik fisker is doing with his own little studio / coachbuilding project. :) <url>http://www.fiskercb.com/ </url>

·
Registered
714 Posts
'while detailed product information is currently classified, Fisker Coachbuild is on schedule to unveil our inaugural offering on September 13, 2005 at the Frankfurt International Auto Show.

Preliminary specification indicate a high-end, high-performance, two-seat convertible, delivering 610 horsepower with a top speed in excess of 200mph. Compelling design, world-class engineering, and technological supremacy have come together to create a unique automotive statement."

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its based on the boxster, fun cars, theres the black one and an orange one is sitting in the factory now.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I wish them every success - it looks a fantastic car :wroom:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I saw the orange and black cars at ruf this weekend, they look VERY nice. It's a shame there's no roof, i do live in england after all :(

Schuepbach - Rochester NY. Are you who i think you are?

·
Registered
19 Posts
CLK-GTR said:
I saw the orange and black cars at ruf this weekend, they look VERY nice. It's a shame there's no roof, i do live in england after all :(

Schuepbach - Rochester NY. Are you who i think you are?
ya thats me paul, i should probably change my location to RUF seeing how im not in rochester right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drove the R spyder last weekend and have to say the car is amazing, the power in the NA model is sufficient but I would definately go for the supercharger. The car handles great through turns, exhaust is perfect, and I got so many looks and pictures taken I felt like Adam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts