BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, installed new slotted rotors from DaveZ on Tuesday and installed my Hawk HT-10 pads in the front in preparation for my 2 day HPDE this weekend. Now, I have this light squeaking noise, which I think is coming from the front but its hard to tell. The sound is not there 100% but more like 80% of the time. I had my indy shop look at my brakes when they did the brake fluid flush yesterday and they said everything looks fine.

These darn Hawk pads are noisy as heck driving around town and will come off on Monday after the event, but am wondering what this other squeaky noise could be. Most likely related to the new rotors and somewhat new pads. I did do the new rotor brake in yesterday.

·
10,456 Posts
is it constant squeek or just under braking? I'd say it's the pads, they are noisy, but once you get them hot at the track they'll quiet down.

Is this for sears point? It's not that hard on brakes, unless you're running r compound tires, you'd probably be ok with street pads and open ducts.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Make sure you bed the new rotors and pads per Dave Z's bed-in process found on his website. Also, anytime you switch between the track and street pads. This is crucial.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I had my pad and disc's done a while back (stock items) and they squeaked for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Folks, I just install new Centric rotors all around with EBC ceramic pads. They squeal like crazy the last 5 feet when stopping. Any thoughts? Thx, Smiles

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi Folks, I just install new Centric rotors all around with EBC ceramic pads. They squeal like crazy the last 5 feet when stopping. Any thoughts? Thx, Smiles
My car came with new stock brakes when I got them and just recently they have started to squeal really bad when I do a slow stop.

I think I am going to try and rebed them and see how that does. It's getting really embarrassing and annoying at the same time.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Installed my Hawk HT-10 pads tonight (from Dave Zeckhausen) for the track this weekend.

Bedded them in per Dave's instructions and yes they squeal big time. I can see why he said they were noisy, understatement.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I too use the HT-10s for track events on my M3 and M5. They work great when hot and will squeal too. Even after I apply anti squeal stuff on the outside pad that sits in the carrier. The Axxis Ult are perfect for the street I find. Low dust and very good bite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts