BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm wondering if I've set a new record. I picked up my M5 (carbon black/black) yesterday from a dealership in LA, and was driving it up to the bay area where I live. Anyway, I got a ticket in the first hour and half. I was going about 105 when I cop, gunned me who was headng south. He wrote me up for 97 in 70, but he said it wouldn't be considered reckless. The worst thing is I was planning to by a radar detector just to get me home at a truck stop I knew about only about 15 miles further up the road.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
What a bummer. I also picked up my car in the LA area and drove it up to the Bay Area (no tickets fortunatley). Curious which dealer you got yours from? It was nuts up here. (I got mine at Center BMW in Sherman Oaks)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine from Rusnak BMW in Westlake. It's interesting cause on the way up I saw another M5 (only the second I've even seen on the road) on the road through Gilroy (We raced a little bit, I think at first he thought I was in a 540 or 528, cause he kept getting in front of me and taking off, it was the only time the whole trip that I needed to go into 6th gear). And his had dealer plates from Newport Beach (Sterling BMW) So I suspect that there are more than a few us in the bay area that went to LA to get our cars. I didn't even have to pay too much over sticker...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove mine up from LA. I got mine at Pacific BMW in Glendale. No tickets, which is amazing considering the 25mph speed limit for miles around. This car hates 25mph....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts