BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some fresh shoes on, and I have attached the alignment specs. I got these from perusing the board, and suggestions from folks about minimizing toe in, especially on the front.

The old set lasted 15k, but I never bothered to rotate and the fronts still had a little life left in them. I put the best tire on a spare 18.9.5 rin, so I have a real spare along with my carry along mini spare.

I think I ran them a little too high, the wear was in the middle along with the inner edges. I will be using about 35/36 to start, down a couple of psi all around. My alignment guy (and race buddy) thinks the rear camber is a little too aggressive, so we shall see.

Regards,
Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Looks almost identical to my alignment specs, though I'm running less toe in on the rears:

LF: -1.6 camber, 6.4 caster, 0.02 toe in
RF: -1.7 camber, 6.4 caster, 0.02 toe in

LR: -2.0 camber, 0.01 toe in
RR: -2.0 camber, 0.01 toe in

Last set of PSSs lasted ~20K miles, rotated once (maybe twice?). A lot of highway miles on that set, but a lot more aggressive mountain twisties / canyon carving than the last prior set, with nice, even wear... right until I corded them out at a CCA car control clinic ;)

This was running 38 psi cold all around.

Suspension is GC camber plates, PSS9s, monoballs in the front control arms, wishbones, and rear swing arms, larger Dinan sways front & rear with powerflex bushings, and 18x9.5 Dinan wheels on all the corners, 15mm spacers front, 5mm spacers rear.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait are those the specs for a stock E39 M5?
Or with DINAN suspension? Koni? JRZ ?
Dinan S3 suspension, which is shocks (Koni), springs, camber plates and adjustable rear bar (softest setting). Tires are all 275's on 9.5 wheels. The ride is noticeably better on the new shoes.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the Dinan S3 suspension setup with the slightly staggered standard Dinan wheel/tire setup (275 front on 18x9, 285 rear on 18x9.5).

Just had the following alignment done. Feels great running PSSs at 35/36 cold F/R. I'll be taking some highway trips and will try to note the wear, noise, and ride quality.

Looking at the sheets on here, I could stand to reduce my front toe. I also wonder whether I had them reduce the rear camber too severely.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Dinan S3 suspension, which is shocks (Koni), springs, camber plates and adjustable rear bar (softest setting). Tires are all 275's on 9.5 wheels. The ride is noticeably better on the new shoes.

Regards,
Jerry
Nice Jerry. :byebye:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
s62e39 toe in the rears a little bit and toe out the fronts;)

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
s62e39 toe in the rears a little bit and toe out the fronts;)
May be a matter of preference. I never toe out the fronts for the street, for the track I always do.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts