BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I'm still concerned about the reliability and overheating issues with this car. A tiny manufacturer like Koenigsegg can get it right yet VW are having so much difficulty with the Veyron. It really is a white elephant and the sooner Bugatti move on to new and improved models the better.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't really concur Ashok, the Koenigsegg has a disasterous reliability record - I am big fan of the Veyron, its just stupid, and I'm a fan of stupid cars.

:D

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
stuart, what do you base that on? The Koenigsegg in Gumball? I think also Koenigsegg is faster, but they will never be allowed to try it on the Ehra Leiseen track since it is owned by VW.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've just not read great things about the Koenigsegg in terms of reliability in general, the gumbal to name one. These things are expected with supercars, but its not like Koenigsegg have a perfect record - just some balance to Ashoks thoughts.

The Veyron is just the nuts though, far more practical than something like the Koenigsegg, what is it? 15K serivce interval with the Veyron?- it is designed ground up to be practical. It seems to me (as an engineer), that Bugatti have pulled all the stops out on this one - new engine design, transmission design, stability systems. If you try to impliment multiple uses of a new technology in one project, you will encounter problems.

To me, a Koenigsegg is just an extension of the supercar trend, "get engine, get supercharger, go to town on Carbon fibre". The Veyron is a different kettle of fish, its a daily driving comfortable hypercar. Its like comparing a mig 29 to a stealth fighter IMO.

Stu

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Gumball 2003 wasn't good advert for the Koenigsegg and there's lots of debate as to whether the car was a prototype/mule or demo. What's certain, it's unlikely to have been a production model.
The Gumball driver, Arthur, actually owned a black CC because it used to be seen in Barnes where his business Larcoms was. I have heard that this one was more reliable than the grey Gumball one. But then again, he probably didn't thrash the black one across America.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts