BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We ( member klas and I ) tested the new POWERPIPE from Hartge w!en we visit them this week.

What an increadible sound! Now you feel and hear that this is a 500hp car.

Just fantastic! Ferrari F430 - watch out!!!! :viking:

In 2 weeks it will be installed.

Picture shows the prototype. Thanks Jörg and Volker, for letting me take pictures and testdrive your M5.

As always when visiting Hartge, we got the reception worthy of a VVIP.
Very professional and kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looks nice... I bet it sounds awesome.

Anyone care to comment on the aerodynamic consequences of having smaller mufflers? It now looks as if there's a cavernous space around the hartge mufflers where the huge stock mufflers used to be. Since this interrupts the relative flatness of the M5's bottom end, I wonder if there's any aerodynamic issues (increased lift?) at high speeds.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks Great!

I've been keeping up with all of these Hartge posts, and am very interested in the wheels and exhaust, but will the powerpipe be legal in Canada?

·
Registered
837 Posts
keep us posted with some sound clips, Josh

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mardeth said:
Any additional power?
Hartge told me that it maybe would give 10 hp extra?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes, interesting question about the ground effect change of airflow underneath the car. Does Hargte have any data on this? Also love to a hear a sound clip!

·
Registered
292 Posts
cidair said:
We ( member klas and I ) tested the new POWERPIPE from Hartge w!en we visit them this week.
Picture shows the prototype. Thanks Jörg and Volker, for letting me take pictures and testdrive your M5.
This is perfect proove for my disscusion with another forum member that it is possible to make much smaller silencers then original and with only two inlet silencer pipes (four tail pipes are only for look). It must have the "right" perforation in the inner tube.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I bet they sound yummy mmmmmm

When will this product be available?

Any UK distributors?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ashok Arora said:
I bet they sound yummy mmmmmm

When will this product be available?

Any UK distributors?
The first shipment of powerpipes will probably arrive at Hartge facilities in about 2 weeks time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts