BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi:
This guy try to challenge me tody that he will destroy my m5 in a race ..I know the gt3 is lighter than my car ,,so what do you think ,,and what speed I should race him from,,80km,,,100 km..opinions ,,,race will be today nights,,,and he is stock.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Hi:
This guy try to challenge me tody that he will destroy my m5 in a race ..I know the gt3 is lighter than my car ,,so what do you think ,,and what speed I should race him from,,80km,,,100 km..opinions ,,,race will be today nights,,,and he is stock.

Thank you.
You will lose handily from any speed.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry by mistake it is a 2010 gt3 with 435 hp ...but difference in wights is more than 450 kg between the two cars,,,gt3 wights only 1395 kg equal to LB 3075 ,,,m5 1825kg equal LB 4024,,any chance you think ,,,it is 2002 m5 with evolve supercharged stage 2 close to 600 hp.

Thank you

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you,,,he want from 100 km ,,I told him from 120 ,,what do you suggest .

·
Registered
631 Posts
Lol in "my day" we just lined em up and raced.
So what if you "lose"? With your mods...I don't see how you could lose at a rolling speed in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
You will lose handily from any speed.
One of the first cars I raced when I got my M5 was a 997.1 GT3.
It was from a roll and it was only about a car length difference to about 100 mph.
We did several runs and he was upset when I would pull ahead.
The owner had also just purchased his new toy and was upset he spent 3x times than me LOL

I drove his GT3 and loved every aspect of the car.
I wasn't crazy about his GMG exhaust and the engine under 5K but EVERYTHING else was incredible.
I even liked the heavy clutch even tho my leg was slightly sore the next day.
He loved my ///M5 because of the TQ down low, he kept saying "WOW" when he would accelerate hard under 3K. :3:

mubarak, I would start in 2nd gear from around 65 kmh and go to 200 kmh or higher if safely possible.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
One of the first cars I raced when I got my M5 was a 997.1 GT3.
It was from a roll and it was only about a car length difference to about 100 mph.
We did several runs and he was upset when I would pull ahead.
The owner had also just purchased his new toy and was upset he spent 3x times than me LOL

I drove his GT3 and loved every aspect of the car.
I wasn't crazy about his GMG exhaust and the engine under 5K but EVERYTHING else was incredible.
I even liked the heavy clutch even tho my leg was slightly sore the next day.
He loved my ///M5 because of the TQ down low, he kept saying "WOW" when he would accelerate hard under 3K. :3:

mubarak, I would start in 2nd gear from around 65 kmh and go to 200 kmh or higher if safely possible.
Assuming you were stock, he didn't drive it properly. More hp and 25% lighter car is faster.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm not stock, I have the slightly more hp as him.
From a roll, weight isn't such a huge factor.
Seeing is believing, he couldn't believe it also.
997 GT3 does the quarter in < 12 seconds, stock M5 does it ~13. That's a big difference.

Driver(s) or mods made it close.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Get in on video. My bet will be the GT3 if he knows how to drive it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you ,,will let everyone know tonight's ,,video is a must,

·
Registered
290 Posts
My M5 is faster in a straight line than my 997.1 GT3 if we're above 50mph. Anything short of that and it's nearly impossible to put the power down as well as the GT3 due to weight and tires

·
Registered
141 Posts
What I find amazing in my M5 is that it is sneaky fast. I don't really feel it is that fast compared to my other cars but when I get into a pissing match with other worthy cars, I seem to always win.

Reactions: ME_264

·
Registered
141 Posts
So what was the outcome?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts