BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just thought that I'd share with you guys a few new pictures that I had my friend, who is a semi professional photographer, take.

My Beast is a 2006 with 63,500 miles on it! Can you believe it! I recently had the wheels, the headlights, and the front bumper completely restored and repainted. The car is lowered on Eibachs with RDSport Sway Bars. I have the full RPI setup except for the RPI Headers. My Beast is about to go out of it's extended warranty but I am letting it go, because I am planning on getting the ESS Supercharger next year hopefully. I am planning on keeping the wheels stock so that when I super charge it, I'll have a total sleeper! He he! I have a host of other mods on the car, too many to list right now, but I hope that you enjoy. Cheers! :biggrin:

Attachments

Reactions: JZelnick

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wow looks really good! I love the 2nd picture.......

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Very nice. Where are you stationed at? I'm in the Marines and stationed at MCAS Miramar.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Pictures like this make me wish I went with black :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks guys. I really like the pictures too! I used to fly the SH-60F, the HH-60H Seahawk and the MH-60S Knighthawk. Now I have a different job in the Navy. I've flown missions in the Persian Gulf and the in the Gulf of Oman to name a few. The license plate frame that I have on there is from the Centennial of Naval Aviation, which was a huge event this year here in San Diego. I'm keeping it on all year to help commemorate 100 years of Naval Aviation.

Reactions: brklynets

·
Registered
798 Posts
+1 on that second picture. Good choice to keep the wheels--will be total sleeper with the SC! I never get tired of looking at any of the OEM M5 wheels! All timeless. Very clean example given the mileage. Great job!!!:applause:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1 on that second picture. Good choice to keep the wheels--will be total sleeper with the SC! I never get tired of looking at any of the OEM M5 wheels! All timeless. Very clean example given the mileage. Great job!!!:applause:

I know, I learned from the best. I saw a guy on here who had an E39 M5 with like 250,000 miles on it and the thing looked brand new like it came out of the factory yesterday. I learned that his secret was that he always had an open checkbook when it came to the maintenance and care of his M5, so I adopted the same philosophy.

I will keep replacing worn out OEM parts with brand new ones as time goes on. Eventually one day I want to re-upholster the seats and the leather interior. My Beast is a 2006 and although these cars values drop like a rock because of the reliability of the SMG and things like that, I truly believe that these are still 70 or 80,000 dollar cars even with high milage. There will never be another BMW like the E60 V10 M5, and I believe that 30 years from now this car will be something extremely rare.

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Well spoken! :goldcup:

I know, I learned from the best. I saw a guy on here who had an E39 M5 with like 250,000 miles on it and the thing looked brand new like it came out of the factory yesterday. I learned that his secret was that he always had an open checkbook when it came to the maintenance and care of his M5, so I adopted the same philosophy.

I will keep replacing worn out OEM parts with brand new ones as time goes on. Eventually one day I want to re-upholster the seats and the leather interior. My Beast is a 2006 and although these cars values drop like a rock because of the reliability of the SMG and things like that, I truly believe that these are still 70 or 80,000 dollar cars even with high milage. There will never be another BMW like the E60 V10 M5, and I believe that 30 years from now this car will be something extremely rare.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts