BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you see M5 pics with anything other than the same shadow chrome wheels as the 2000 model. Please post the URL, as all the pics I see are the same as they have been.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by Jon45:
Just looked at pictures of M5 at virtual center and if you look at the side view of M5 it shows new wheels for 2001. I really like the look of these wheels and can't wait for my delivery next month. Silver/Imola Red interior. Hope anyone getting delivery soon will post lots of their pictures.
I looked at the website and the wheels look the same as on my 00 M5. What am I missing ?

------------------

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I have spoken to my dealer and there is no change in the design for the wheels in 2001.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry for the bad information. I am getting so eager for the new pics that I got a little carried away. You're all correct that they are the same wheels. . Was hoping for wheels with a few less spokes so they would be easier to keep clean.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The M5 wheels do have a lot of spokes, and tend to get a lot of brake dust on them. Cleaning them isn't hard though. The shadow chrome finish is easy to clean with a long-napped, soft-bristle brush. I spray on some Quicksilver wheel cleaner, and let it sit for a couple minutes, and then go around the car with a soapy, long-handled brush. 30 seconds on each wheel will do the trick. I occasionally do go around to each wheel with a cloth, and make sure I clean out all the small areas, but none are so small you can't get at them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello
I am a new here, and even though I do now own a e39 M5 (I can only dream on one) I do own a e36 316i (yes, slow, but hell fun to drive in).. well.. when I bought it and till now there are those marks on the wheels, and I think they are the dust that stuck since the previous owner didn't clean them frequently... what can I do to take them off? I tried shampoos and alot of stuff..
any help somebody?
GMB

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just looked at pictures of M5 at virtual center and if you look at the side view of M5 it shows new wheels for 2001. I really like the look of these wheels and can't wait for my delivery next month. Silver/Imola Red interior. Hope anyone getting delivery soon will post lots of their pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts