BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found these pedals on e-bay last week and I thought I would purchase them since they were so cheap (so cheap I'm embarrassed to post it here). I thought if they weren't what they were advertised to be, I would just leave some negative feedback and be done with it. After I ordered it, I noticed the stark resemblance to the AC Schnitzer pedals Beastpower has on his website. I'm wondering if there is any copyright infringement going on. Anyway, I got them installed yesterday and it's a WONDERFUL upgrade... really eye-catching for the driver, and almost looks stock! If you're wondering, I got them from an e-bay retailer called xr_team. I also got some nice ///M tire valve caps for $5.00. The catch with these guys is that shipping is ridiculous, but the cost of the parts makes it all worthwhile.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the schnitzer ones in the M3. definately a copyriight violation but.. I ended up getting some pedals, dead pedal, ebrake, floor mats, and seat belt pads off ebay for about $120 total. Quality was good on all of it...

Sean

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Beautiful :cheers:

You should be embarrassed when paying too much, not when getting a great deal!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yes, but the gas pedal you installed does not reach the top of the stock pedal, correct? (i.e. it's not the same length)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. I saw that on Beastpower's site.. the 2001+ 5 series (except M5's) have shorter accelerator pedals. It's about an inch shorter. For what it's worth, I still think it's a ridiculously good set.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the same pedals on my 5 but I only have the brake and clutch pedals installed. I found that the gas pedal was not only shorter but practically impossible to install on the plastic gas pedal (the back is a waffle-like grid and the frond is an uneven wavy grip). If you have any installation tips please advise! I am perfectly happy with the brake and clutch only. Do you have any regrets with the shorter gas pedal???

·
Registered
62 Posts
All,

I installed the BMW E46 Aluminum Pedals on my M5... This kit came with a plastic pedal for the E46. Slightly different size but works fine on my E39. I attached the BMW Alum pedals to the BMW provided gas pedal and slapped it and it works great...

I remeber no issue with the stock E39 pedal other than height... Just drill holes though the plastic pedal and use the provided screws...

Sean

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sean_w_smith said:
All,

I remeber no issue with the stock E39 pedal other than height... Just drill holes though the plastic pedal and use the provided screws...

Sean
That's what I did as well, but I used separate screws that were slightly longer.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have a set with the ACS logo sitting my garage. After taking it out to find out that the gas pedal was too short for the M5 I decided not to install it. Anyone know where I can find one of these replica pedals that will fit the M5 gas pedal properly?

·
Registered
616 Posts
That accelerator pedal does look like the shorter version which is doing the rounds on eBay.

I did buy a complete set off eBay - but found that the because the pedal was shorter - I wanted to hang out for the E39 one, couldn't find it anywhere on ebay and ended up buying the porper E39 set from Beastpower - just because I wanted to the keep the whole car schnitzer'd.

Looking at your one - I guess I could have got away with the ebay set - they look fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts