BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received mine, and it appears that the FCX3 has superceded the previous FCX-II.

The only question is then when I connect it to my 03/2000 M5....the first code that comes up after "FC" is "16" which suggests I should be cross referencing against "Code Table 16"........I check the Instruction Manual....and Table 16 just says (See Table 11).....I check Table 11 and there is about 100 fault codes listed.....which do not appear to relate to a 03/2000 E39 M5........?????

At the moment I'm using a code list that was posted on here that seems to be correct.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with the FCX3.......?????

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Known issue. It should be sending you to table 18.
Mine does the same thing, but reads the codes fine.
Matt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that Matt.....Really Appreciated. I just sent Peak Research a quick e-mail, so hopefully they'll send me the correct codes.

If anyone else is having the same problem, all they need to do is refer to "Table 18" (NOT TABLE 16 as the tool incorrectly displays) and you will be cross referencing the correct codes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Edy07 : Please be accurate before posting on a the site, as alot of people take what they read as gospel. The FCX3 does both BMW's and the Mini.

55AMG2 : Yes.....your FCX-II does give the correct information......It is the FCX3, this is giving the wrong information.

That code reader is just for MINI . had the same
WRONG ! ! ! ! (Please check your information before you post.....this could be very misleading to other purchaser)

This is the replacement for the FCX-II, and now is capable of "also reading error codes on the Mini".

You can no longer buy the FCX-II, it has been superceded by the FCX3. It's just that there is a glitch in the first few that were supplied.

Check out their web site : Definately for BMW's (And Minis)

http://www.r5tool.com/fcx3.htm

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="98%" align=center border=0><!-- #BeginEditable "Body" --><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="64%" height=215>

Thank you for visiting our web site. Peake Research Corporation is now in its 19th year of manufacturing and selling high quality, affordable electronic tools for BMWs. Our longevity is due to our long standing commitment to making affordable and easy-to-use diagnostic and reset tools for BMW automobiles. We are pleased to offer the following line of specialty electronic tools for BMWs and late model Mini Coopers.

</TD><TD align=middle width="36%" height=215>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ledfoot : I'm talking with Peak Research at the moment, so hopefully they will be pushing out a new/modified instruction, relating to the correct table codes for each vehicle.

As soon as I get the correct information I'll post it.

Jim

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just had an e-mail back from Peak Reasearch and they acknowledged that some of the early R5FCX3 Code Readers are directing E39 M5 users to the incorrect diagnostics table.

If anyone else's tool is doing the same, just disregard table 16, and go straignt to table 18........all the error codes that are indicated on the tool are correct if you use table 18.

They also state, that when the tool is inserted into any other BMW/Mini, it will direct users to the correct diagnostics table. Just us E39 M5 users that are affected.....LOL.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ahhh.. Makes sense now. I used it a couple weeks ago and got the same strange result. 16.. after abit I assumed it meant 1b. Oh well, I reset the codes and if anymore pop up I will check table 18. Thanks for the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts