BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Recently got a 2000 M5 and loving it so far. Being a bit OCD I've already got a list of stuff I want to do to it! I just have a couple of questions to get me started.

Is the flap on the battery cover that covers the negative terminal supposed to be attached to the main body of the cover? Looking at the plastic it looks like it might have hinged up but is now broken. A search around for pictures though suggest it could be separate. Tiny thing I know but as I say, I'm OCD.

Is there any way that the passenger mirror indexing in reverse can be set? It goes far too low at present. I did search and it would seem not so have used the 3rd memory position as a work around but would be nice if it was automatic. Looks like it can be done with an intravee which looks quite tempting if I can do a Mk4 Nav upgrade.

The car itself is well sorted hence why I am nitpicking!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Thanks. Looks like I'll have to try to find one intact.

One more for the list!
Contact board member Clemster. He has lots of parts.

You may need to wait until you have minimum number of posts to PM, but look for one of his threads and you can probably contact him through that. Check the "parts for sale" section, he has a continuing thread there.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Toby, Welcome to the small slice of auto enthusiasts that have been lucky enough to drive/own an E39 M5. I am a raging fan of all E39 cars, and now have three. The M5 is close to a perfect car for me. Elegant in a way BMW's are not any more. Fast but not frantic crazy fast. Simple, yet functional interior. Can still DIY on many things, especially with the support of other M5 people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
DaveinGigHarbor
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing