BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just thought I would introduce myself formally. I got the new beast- MY2003 29kmiles, silver w/ black interior, due in very large part to you guys here on the board and your help and advice. The board is truly an amazing tool when you need it. Anyway ,thanks to various members' help i made the right choice by being patient. I would have otherwise rushed into the first car I saw.By waiting it out and finding the right beast I ,so far, have had no issues and its really just been happy motoring!(knock on wood) Thanks again to everyone!!-

Attachments

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Dave-
Glad you found your car. Obviously the one down here in Charlotte didn't work out last Fall. Enjoy it! Don't park next to a fire hydrant!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Congratulations and nice picture of the beast in the city!:cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome...Great color combo...:)

Hopefully I will see you at some northeast meets....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Cousinvin11, I will try to make it to some meets! And guys, again, thanks alot for all the insight.

TC3, I paid 41k for the car but the PPi came back super clean and the car has full maintenance/cpo coverage until 4-09. Come to think of it, I dont know how useful that will be with the lack of quality stealership's in the area, but you never know. Anyway, I know I paid pretty much top dollar but it was the exact color combo/mileage I was looking for. As far as where I found it, I had it shipped sight unseen from granite bay, ca. Overall I had a fantastic experience and really lucked out from Boardmembers, ARD and Gary helping me out to the seller himself being a real stand up guy.

MTHUSIEST, dont worry about the hydrant I was waiting for a spot to open in front of me- The parking vultures in city are truly ruthless though!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, that's a long ways to purchase a car unseen!!
I'm basically going to be in the same situation as I'm in Canada and want to purchase one from the U.S.
How reliable is carfax really? Or u mentioned 'PPi' what's that?
**EDIT** PPi must mean pre-purchase inspection??
How did u go about doing the PPi? Dealership?
Thx

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
IN New York without front license plate? Can't you get in trouble for that? I dont ask to be a pain in the ***, just to verify. If it's not mandatory then mine will be flying off! :hihi:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
IN New York without front license plate? Can't you get in trouble for that? I dont ask to be a pain in the ***, just to verify. If it's not mandatory then mine will be flying off! :hihi:

Its True gotta have the plate

Welcome

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Gotta wonder if CA or NY is more finicky about enforcing the front plate. Question is: do you have as much gamble in you as the prior owner?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TC3: For the PPi I looked up boardmembers in that area and asked them for recommendations on a reputable shop they might be familiar with. I also called up the local BmWCCA chapter for the area and asked their recommendation. Based on both I then made a decision on where to get the PPI done.

NYC guys: As far as the front plate, I own 2 businesses here in NYC and 1 in Boston so I registered the car in Boston and hence no front plate. I am pretty sure the law changed in Mass. where its mandatory to have the front plate on but since half or sometimes more of my time is spent here , the police here seem to not know the laws from state to state cuz so far I've gotten away with it no problem....:blabla:

I do have the other plate in the car just in case though...:grrrrr:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts