BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 18 months of infrequently looking around and having seen some very bad examples, others in showroom condition I made a purchase yesterday ;).

01, Carbon black beast with new oem rims, black/silver interior. pics to follow. The motors extremely dirty, sorry for not respecting it Mr previous owner.

Big thanks to Kamaran(M5 London) for meeting during last inspection of a motor down south a few months back.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It will be fun!
Welcome.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Keep in touch with Kumaran, you will be in good hands... just don't try to imitate his maintenance list, it will lead you to ruin! :D

Reactions: 100%Cocoa

·
1,937 Posts
Another Londoner! Welcome aboard, and Tiago's right - Kumaran is a great example to listen to, but not necessarily emulate :)

You've picked a great time to buy as well - M5s are awesome in the snow, and we've got lots more forecast for next week... (Part of that sentence may not necessarily be true. Though winter tyres help a lot).

YG

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. Not sure I could emulate Kumaran's maintenance even if I wanted to, hope I don't have to.

Second day of ownership, covered 250+ motorway miles (mainly) with use of 3/4 of a tank of V Power. The beast is now resting!

Worked through an in depth inspection (seller commented) prior to purchase. Need to check codes again tomorrow as i think they're a few i missed.................... so far noticed it blows hot air in the foot well and top of dash (front screen) when temp is at 16c and button above gps is on 3 cold dots. I thought the engine might be overheating or something so i turned the heat up to 32c and opened the windows, so i didnt roast, noticed the engine temp gauge went down so I don't think it's that. Previous owner had the car sitting for several months and changed the battery recently, any ideas of what i should do? Plan to take it for a spin with the temp on the blowers above the gps in between hot and cold and see if that makes a difference.

Also missed a few dead pixels but that don't bother me right now.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Welcome along. Be good to see some pics of the new beast.

You'll have to come along to the next Kent meet.

cheers

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats! Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.... ! :byebye:
That photo was not taken in any part of London i know..... (i.e. Zones 1 and 2)....??????

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's one from the seller. The motors in my garage, its rather dirty and dark in there so no chance of a decent pic. I'm trying to work out where I can get it washed around canary wharf, need to find a self service jet wash, any ideas?

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is a hand-wash place in the car park off the Canary Wharf roundabout (lower).
Or i go to a place just south of Tower Bridge on Druid St (left after the bridge then round the one-way system)

·
1,937 Posts
I went and bought a cheapo petrol jetwash from Macro. Cost £90, which is pretty good value. or bloody expensive for one use per year, depending on how you look at it. Need to get a 'crosser again. Or really use my MTB properly...

Sorry, back on topic. Try one of the local east European washes - they actually seem to be pretty good. Or take a look on the noticeboard at work. Or actually try asking one of the security guys on site. They always know the places to go...

Cheers,

YG

1 - 20 of 31 Posts