BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of pining for an E39 M5, I've finally turned from long-time forum lurker to owner.

Got this 2 weeks ago: 2001 TiAg / Black Extended Nappa Point Leather / ~50,000 miles

Comes with some ACS bits. Thought I'd share some pics.

The toledo blue car is my '03 525i with replica bumpers and real Style 65s.

I found a black F10 M5 in the same parking lot.

Things to do (in order of importance):

Refresh Suspension
Improve Car Audio
E60 SSK
Revert to stock look, install stock bumpers

The amazing content on this forum has long fueled my desire to acquire the elusive car (relatively rare in Hong Kong).
Props to the community, I look forward to contributing in some way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Very clean find! Congrats!

If you are reverting the car back to stock looking equipment, and will sell your ACS rear diffuser, please contact me as I have been looking for one for years.

Reactions: garlei

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. My uninformed impression is that traffic is pretty tight in your neck of the woods (location). Are there places nearby where you can let the beast stretch her legs?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome and congratulations. My uninformed impression is that traffic is pretty tight in your neck of the woods (location). Are there places nearby where you can let the beast stretch her legs?
Yes lots of traffic in a densely populated country.

Sadly very few places. Highway top speed is officially 110 km/h (68 mph). Most people don't go much over that, there are cameras everywhere. The government is vehemently against motorsport, there are no tracks whatsoever, public or private.

Having said that, there is a large number of supercars in Hong Kong, with a vibrant community of enthusiasts.

There are highways and tracks across the border in Southern China, that's something I'll have to look into.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
..The government is vehemently against motorsport, there are no tracks whatsoever, public or private.

Having said that, there is a large number of supercars in Hong Kong, with a vibrant community of enthusiasts.
:Thumbdown: ..that's too bad. You and those fellow enthusiasts need to get out to Japan or the good ole U.S. of A! Congrats on a unique find! Those ACS add-ons are subtle and nice!

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice find. The bootlid spoiler needs to go asap though
Yes I want to revert to the stock trunk lip, but I don't know how that would look with my ACS bumpers.

I'm quite undecided on what look I want, I can do totally stock, stock with slimmbones lip and painted rear valence, or current bumpers with stock trunk lip.

Right now the ACS look is almost complete, apart from the star wheels and the stripes:

65s without spacers look slightly off as well. The current ACS front bumper with the splitters make the car looks slightly wider, and my wheels looks recessed inside.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i know a place in HK that can custom make spacers. I made an adapter to fit my BBS RE-mg with my owe custom spacing.
May have to ask you for a referral once I've decided on what look I'd like to go for.

Right now I need to tell myself not to splurge, I see myself overspending easily... there's no end to car audio upgrades.
Priority has to go to suspension.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats! I'm always been surprised by how few E39 M5s are there are in HK considering that there's no shortage of top-of-the-line luxury and super cars there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts