BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I recently downloaded the Final Results sheet from the concours event, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that my CSi was the only judged car on the day to score the maximum possible 110 points for originality.:goldcup:
Made my day!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
20 years old today!

This gorgeous car has just turned 20 years old.

She rolled off the Dingolfing line on Monday 14th March 1994 and was registered to her first owner in Hong Kong less than two months later..

To mark this auspicious occasion, I've decided to give her a name - "Sterling Stella".

I think the name 'Stella' suits her, as she is a true star and gets admiring looks wherever she goes!

Happy Birthday Stella!!

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
This gorgeous car has just turned 20 years old.

She rolled off the Dingolfing line on Monday 14th March 1994 and was registered to her first owner in Hong Kong less than two months later..

To mark this auspicious occasion, I've decided to give her a name - "Sterling Stella".

I think the name 'Stella' suits her, as she is a true star and gets admiring looks wherever she goes!

Happy Birthday Stella!!
Absolutely gorgeous! I had a 91 850i and always drooled over the csi even though I loved my car.

Happy Birthday!

:cheers:

Jim

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just a couple of pix from the local car show I attended on Sunday.

Stella was mobbed by American Muscle Cars, but still managed to attract plenty of admirers throughout the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks Nick

I've been driving her quite a bit lately (taking advantage of the end of a long Indian Summer here), and she's now travelled 28,300 kms (approx. 17,500 miles).
That said, she is still one of the best and lowest mileage CSi's in existence, so I consider myself to be the lucky one!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Inaugural Bimmerfest 2014 - celebrating 25 years of the E31

I took 'Stella' to this event last weekend, which consisted of a track day on Saturday and a cross-country run on the Sunday.
Saturday's session at Hampton Downs proved to be very wet, requiring us to hire pit garages for shelter.
Even then, the pit garage floors were awash with water from the rain blowing under the doors!
I did a 5-lap practice and two 15 minute "race" sessions, which were more than enough for me to explore the wet handling and limits of adhesion on a number of corners!
As a result of the conditions, we took it very easy, except for one owner who enjoyed spinning his car at every opportunity - until he hit the wall coming out of the sweeper. The rest of us certainly enjoyed the experience, but I'd like to try it again on a dry track some time.
By contrast, the following day dawned fine and warm, which was perfect for our group run south from Auckland to my old home town of Matamata.
A great day for driving and some very good roads, which at times allowed us to stretch the cars a little.
Above all, I met some great people who are all true enthusiasts when it comes to their 8-series.
The pictures tell the story better than I can with these words, so here they are (many of these were taken by a fellow 8er, so the credit goes to him - thanks Jooles).

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
A recent gathering of E31's for the Bayswater Auto Show, here in Auckland.

This event coincided with my 'Stella's' 21st birthday (born 14 March 1994 at Dingolfing).

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
BMWWGN,

Your car is a good reference point as I am trying to calculate what to offer for a similar Australian car. Like you I have been tracking these cars for over 10 years. As there are very few sales do you mind giving me an indication of what you paid for it.

All the best,
Whammy.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
BMWWGN,

Your car is a good reference point as I am trying to calculate what to offer for a similar Australian car. Like you I have been tracking these cars for over 10 years. As there are very few sales do you mind giving me an indication of what you paid for it.

All the best,
Whammy.
PM sent.:smile

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Bye bye CSi, so long Stella..........

It was a very sad day for me on Monday, as I said goodbye to 'Stella', my treasured 1994 BMW 850CSi.
I doubt if I'll ever own such a rare and beautiful car again - she certainly is an awesome machine, with stunning looks and her own strong personality.
Of the mere 160 RHD examples built by BMW Motorsport (total production just 1,510 units), she was the only one produced to this particular specification.
The penultimate grand tourer, she was capable of 300 km/h in de-restricted form, with her M-tuned V12 engine propelling her 1850 kg mass from 0-100 km/h in just under 6.0 seconds.
On Sunday afternoon I took her for a last drive, down some nice country roads, cruising homeward up the motorway and stopping on the way to take a few final pictures. Her total mileage was then just over 30,000 km from new.
I knew it was going to be hard parting with her, but couldn't believe the gut-wrenching feeling that came over me on Monday morning, when she drove away in the hands of her new keeper....go well, Stella....you are unique and irreplaceable.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
No, it was a private sale to an E31 collector.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts