BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a Carbon Black 2003 M5 a few weeks ago. I absolutely love the car and don't regret the purchase for a second. I used to post on the Roadfly board since I had my first BMW 7 years ago, but the E-39 board seems dead since this board came back up.<O:p</O:p

I want to thank everyone for having the best M5 board on the Internet.<O:p</O:p

Since I'm new to the M5, I have a couple of quick questions. I want to see what you guys have to say before I take it to the dealer (still under factory warranty).<O:p</O:p

1. I noticed that after a hard rain or car wash, the rear passenger door on the driver side collects a lot of water. When I open the door, even two days after a rain, water spills out, fortunately no water inside the car. I'm just worried that with that much water trapped that it will eventually cause rust. The interesting thing is that it only happens on the rear driver side door. I’ve checked all the door seals and I can’t see any differences between this door and the door on the other side. <O:p</O:p

2. From doing a search on the board, it looks like the best dealer for service in No VA, <ST1:p</ST1:pMD, DC area is either Towson BMW or Sterling BMW. Any updates from M5 owners on these two dealerships? Sterling BMW is only 10 miles from home, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<ST1:pTowson is </ST1:p</st1:City>about 60 miles.<O:p</O:p

Thanks,<O:p</O:p

Ed<O:p</O:p

<O:p

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sorry dont know about the water, but enjoy your new car, they are nice, Josh

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Welcome to the board, hope you get the water problem resolved :flag:

·
Registered
214 Posts
esef said:
1. I noticed that after a hard rain or car wash, the rear passenger door on the driver side collects a lot of water. When I open the door, even two days after a rain, water spills out, fortunately no water inside the car. I'm just worried that with that much water trapped that it will eventually cause rust. The interesting thing is that it only happens on the rear driver side door. I’ve checked all the door seals and I can’t see any differences between this door and the door on the other side. <O:p</O:p

Ed-

Congratulations. My next M will hopefully be CB as I think that is an absolutely beautiful color. (next to Imola of course:7: )

As to the H2O question, I seem to remember a few posts on this and it had to do with the rain channel being clogged. Try a post search or two and see if something pops up.

KCD

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sterling is good. Go talk to a salesman there named Ari Feinstein and tell him I sent you. He's a good friend of mine and he'll point you to the right service advisor. A good S.A. is half the battle. Ari is the son of Alan Feinstein...noted philanthropist in the New England area...just some trivia for you. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree and Ari is all about helping people...despite his for-profit existence at BMW.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the Board.
A good dealer should help you with the door problem.
Maybe it is something as simple a leaking door seal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome and congratulation on new CB M5. Did you get it at Fairfax BMW? I had a good experience with VOB BMW, they have improved their service dept since the posts on the message boards. I use the blues team (Mike Voight SA). Hopefully I will see you around since I drive around Tysons daily. Mine M5 is 2003 Imola Red.

Igor

·
Registered
58 Posts
congrats on your new car. i recently acquired one as well and absolutely love it.

you asked for an opinion about towson vs sterling - even though i am not from the area, i almost purchased an 03 m5 from towson, however my experience with the sales staff was so poor and exceedingly unprofessional (lies about the vechile, deceptive sales tatics, more lies, and a constant run around) that i (personally) would not do any business with another department at the dealership simply on a matter of principle.

this being said, my experience was with the sales staff and sales manager, so the service department is could be quite good, but i would start with sterling.

bryon

:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the posts. I look forward to participating on the board and maybe someday meeting some of you.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congratulations! May I ask what you were driving before? I am picking up my sterling grey 03 May 27th! I am driving a 99 M3 rightnow, which I love and adore. Steve

esef said:
Got a Carbon Black 2003 M5 a few weeks ago. I absolutely love the car and don't regret the purchase for a second. I used to post on the Roadfly board since I had my first BMW 7 years ago, but the E-39 board seems dead since this board came back up.<O:p</O:p

I want to thank everyone for having the best M5 board on the Internet.<O:p</O:p

Since I'm new to the M5, I have a couple of quick questions. I want to see what you guys have to say before I take it to the dealer (still under factory warranty).<O:p</O:p

2. From doing a search on the board, it looks like the best dealer for service in No VA, <ST1:p</ST1:pMD, DC area is either Towson BMW or Sterling BMW. Any updates from M5 owners on these two dealerships? Sterling BMW is only 10 miles from home, Towson is </ST1:pabout 60 miles.<O:p</O:p

Thanks,<O:p</O:p

Ed<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome and Congrats :haha: About the leaking door - - it must have something to do with our Carbon Black cars since mine does the exact same thing...Seriously though, I had the dealer replace all the seals and it still collects some water but not much as it used too...All I do now is leave the door (actually all my doors) open after I wash it while I'm drying the car, cleaning wheels, interior etc...This normally gives the door jams seals enough time to dry out...Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sarends said:
Congratulations! May I ask what you were driving before? I am picking up my sterling grey 03 May 27th! I am driving a 99 M3 rightnow, which I love and adore. Steve
I used to drive a 740iL and currently still have the Nissan Titan and on nice days I ride my Ducati 999.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts