BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

I was thinking of swapping out the brown wood trim for the charcoal or whatever it's called?
Thoughts from the gallery?

·
Registered
2002 E39 M5
5 Posts
Hey OP, how many miles on the car at this time?

And to add my opinion in regards to the interior, I think the original wood looks best, it provides great contrast between the black and caramel leathers. I know its not a sporty enough look to many, but that is definitely the interior layout I would pick if I had the chance of ordering an E39 M5 from factory today.

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,529 Posts
+1 on the wood trim.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks guys, I've hesitated swapping it because the car is original other than Dinan parts/suspension/tune and the look is classic for the period..
I think I'll use it in my other black interior one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another vote for the wood trim. It looks great with your color combo, especially the particular grain yours is equipped with.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Vote for Graphite only because I think I have a conflict of interest XD

Reactions: lat77

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Keep the wood!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I vote to keep the wood. I have a caramel interior as well, and while I'm not a wood trim person in general, it looks so right in this car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey OP, how many miles on the car at this time?

And to add my opinion in regards to the interior, I think the original wood looks best, it provides great contrast between the black and caramel leathers. I know its not a sporty enough look to many, but that is definitely the interior layout I would pick if I had the chance of ordering an E39 M5 from factory today.
I've got 151k on it now, just had the front bumper reshot and put my other one up for sale.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts