BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Jason S. Owner of F.R. Rocket's L.L.C. I live in Upstate NY The other day I found a 2000 M5 for sale at a High end car sales lot and went and bought it :7: Last time I even seen a M5 was 2003! So I had to have it. I just wanted to say Hi. I have looked around the forum and some of you have very nice M5's and are doing cool stuff keep it up!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome to the board and to the club of ///M ownership!

Glad that you're excited about your new ///M, it's going to spoil you for future automobiles for a looooong time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had the top end cleaned!

One cold night started her and let the engine come to temp at idel got in her to take off and the engine light was on! secondairy air injection fault. Motor and trans were pulled out 1/30/11 drove her to work today 2/22/11 Way dif. car then when purchased you can tell there is no more carbon! also got new clutch set at the same time. Plenty proud of this buy!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hello my name is Jason S. Owner of F.R. Rocket's L.L.C. I live in Upstate NY The other day I found a 2000 M5 for sale at a High end car sales lot and went and bought it :7: Last time I even seen a M5 was 2003! So I had to have it. I just wanted to say Hi. I have looked around the forum and some of you have very nice M5's and are doing cool stuff keep it up!:thumbsup:
Please tell us about the car!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
One cold night started her and let the engine come to temp at idel got in her to take off and the engine light was on! secondairy air injection fault. Motor and trans were pulled out 1/30/11 drove her to work today 2/22/11 Way dif. car then when purchased you can tell there is no more carbon! also got new clutch set at the same time. Plenty proud of this buy!
You pulled the motor for the carbon buildup issue? Geez man.

That's hardcore. Good that you took the opportunity to put in a new clutch though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We are located about 13mins from Saratoga Ny, yes the motor and trans were pulled everything was polished to look brand new then all reinstalled the clutch was about 4mm before the rivits not bad but the pressure plate had heat damage. The reason we looked cause on the few cold days we drove it upon first start up it was a bit stiff to shift and clutch pedal was not smooth she is all new now. We operate out of a small shop now, we were in a 13bay shop in Castleton Ny, as well as a 4bay in Averill Park NY, but we have done some big things 90% of our business for the past 2years has been exhaust fabrication, welding, aftermarket modifications and installs. $45 a hour for labor $65 per hour for Fabrication. We just try and focus on quality not quantity. Drove the M5 in the snow storm Friday! left it overnight did not want to risk driving her back, but now that everything is like brand new she is much quicker and responsive and we get 18.0-21.5 mpg's on the back roads/city. I might be a bit in love with her but I belive she is a 9 out of 10 only one small spot I will have to hit with 2kgrit and buff on the front bumper size of a quarter were something scratched her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts