BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have covered leather seat repair several times on this board, but at this point I feel that replacing the covers [only my front seats] is my best option. I have located a few companies that will sell me the OEM BMW caramel leather, the prices range from about $1980 to about $2700.

That does sound like a lot of money to spend on just the fronts. Does anyone here have a cheaper source?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I looked into this last year. The best price I could find was at Tischler. As I recall it was about $1300 for both upper and lower covers, not installed. Since it was only my driver's bolster that was a bit worn, and it wasn't guaranteed that the leather would exactly match my other pristine seat due to age/light exposure, I ended up having just the bolster replaced (with excellent results!).

If you go this route, definitely talk to Evan or one of the guys at Tischler before you place the order to make sure you are getting the correct covers.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I know a guy who I believe still has a very nice, complete set of Caramel interior. PM me if you want more information. He's a highly respected member of the BMW community. He's in SoCal too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kevin - Thanks for the advice, I will talk to Tischer.

Vac Man, PM sent.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Replied. You should have all the info you need now. If not let me know. :)

Tim

·
Registered
318 Posts
Another option is to have the seats refinished. Cost me $450 for both fronts and the back bench seat. They look brand new, and nobody is the wiser.

Pioneer Leather |

You'd have to come down here but he could do it all in one day. He's mobile too..

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Leather can get beyond the point where refinishing would do any good.

If you want to replace them, GAHH makes some very nice covers and can even add the ///M colored lines on the shoulder.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Are your seats cracked, torn, or just worn? Do you plan to keep the car long term? Unless you've absolutely decided on this path, photos would help with suggestions.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey George, did you ever post pictures of this?
Nope... I guess I should huh? I never did get some great "before" photos... I'll post some soon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are your seats cracked, torn, or just worn? Do you plan to keep the car long term? Unless you've absolutely decided on this path, photos would help with suggestions.
I am keeping my car long term and do not plan to sell it.

The caramel is cracking on the top side bolsters, it has not gone through the leather and the seats are also creasing on the bottom sides.

VacMan - thanks for the help, but I have decided not to go with your friends interior at this moment, I am trying to wither go with new leather or find a good local company that will make my leather new again.

NorCal members - has anyone used this company to redo their leather:

Automotive restoration options - Advanced Leather Solutions, Inc.

Are they good?

Reactions: Ohmess
1 - 12 of 12 Posts