BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I do not like to follow, therefore I tried new exhaust as my mod. It is a street version (TUV approved) whatever that means. It is not a racing exhaust systems. I still have OEM resonators, that I will replace with SuperSprint x-pipe shortly. I will give this cans about a 1000 miles of burn-in and see what sound I get from them. They do sound better than OEM, but maybe not as lound as I would like them to sound. I love the sound when I decelerate from about 3K downwards. The the tips look good, workmanship is very good, and they are lighter than OEM mufflers. The prive is much lower that any other option I have explored. It is my test, to see if lower cost exhaust can be used on M5. I have not been able to locate any sound files for Scorpion, therefore it is my contribution for any of you who want to hear comparison between OEM exhaust and Scorpion pipes. I have Scorpion pipes on my Honda VFR bike and love them. I have created movie to document change in sound from OEM, to Scorpion and Scorpion after 200 miles. I still have OEM resonators on. I will update this thread after change to x-pipe.

Igor

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
They look good, try to post some sound clips if you can, and congrats, Josh

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just find our that our biggest upload is 2 Mbytes, my movie is over 4 Mbytes. I will need to break it apart.

Igor

·
Registered
837 Posts
Rob here (supercharged Kelleners.....)

Finally!!! someone got off the bandwagon and did the scorpion exhaust...

ps...just got stung by a real scorpion the other day...not a pleasent experience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks nice! I love the angled tips. Looking forward to the sound clips.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K. I have created very simple web page with movie files, that compares sound of my car before and after installation. For you viewing pleasure you can access the page at

https://home.comcast.net/~igork19/

I will continue to evolve this page over next few weeks. The darn M5 mod is forcing me to create my own web page.
:wroom:
Igor

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Igor,

I know exactly how you feel....especially since BMWUSA (Josh) and I are both here in town together and we both have the sickness as well.

Did you purchase from Bav Auto? I know that they carry the scorp. line and its very reasonably priced, about on part with the B&B's.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nice sound

One thought for your consideration...watch the RPM's on your stationary revs...sounded quite high, you don't wanna grenade your S62.

thanks for sharing

al

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think once you get the Xpipe installed it will really liven things up, thanks for posting the clips, I like all exhausts that are louder then OEM :hihi: , Josh

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just go to the Bavarian Autosport bavauto.com and check for yourself. It is very reasonably priced and well made.

Igor

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now I have X-pipe and Scorpion exhaust combo. The new clip is on
http://home.comcast.net/~igork19/

X-Pipe definitevely made this mod more lively. It sounds good, turns heads, in the garages sets car alarms off, but at the same time is quiet when cruising. I think it is a decent mod give the price of Scorpion mufflers ($800) from Bavarian Auto.

Igor

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sounds better with the Xpipe, god overall package I would have to say you have their, thanks for sharing, Josh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts