BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I am a new member on the board here, but have already made extensive use of the board and archives! Two days ago I moved up from my 99 M3 (Which I loved!) to a 2000 M5. I still can't sleep at night!! This is my fourth BMW. I have previously owned a 97 328is, a 98 540i 6-speed and a 99 M3. I plan on upgrading the NAV system, as adding Bluetooth and Sirus to the car.

On a more mundane note, the car was debadged when I got it and I can totally understand why someone would want to do that. However, for now I would like to re-badge it. Does anyone have pictures or measurements of where to place the ///M and 5?

Thanks in Advance!
Dave

:M5launch:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Welcome to the board! This is a great place, and it is good to have you aboard. Congrats on the beast, and pictures?
If you search in the owners gallery you'll find quite a few pictures that show the correct place for the badge. I would recomend using magnetic one sided tape on the badge, as it will hold well and also be able to be moved in case it isnt placed correctly. Seeing badges too high or too low bugs me... ouich
:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome!

I know how you're feeling - I'm new here too, this is my 4th day as owner of an '01 M5 (second BMW). Not only am I sleepless waiting for my next chance to drive the Beast but I'm also pleased with this forum - for an automotive forum this one seems to be extraordinarily polite and filled with expertise.

On my M5 the rear "///M5" badge is 7/8" above the horizontal ridge.. There is 3/4" between the ///M and the 5.

From the dead center of the centered BMW emblem to the top of the first "/" is exactly 13".

I hope that helps.

Paul

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome Dave :cheers:

How about fitting a 520d badge instead?! :hihi:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bren,
Thanks for the pointers! I will check out the gallery for pictures. The magnetic tape sounds interesting. Any advice on where to find some? I will post some pictures in the near future!

Dave

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I actually took this pic to show the clear turn signal so the ///M is sort of cut off, but it shows the stock position of the badge. Don't put it near the top of the trunk lid!!!! I have seen way too many BMWs with that error..

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anzir said:
I actually took this pic to show the clear turn signal so the ///M is sort of cut off, but it shows the stock position of the badge. Don't put it near the top of the trunk lid!!!! I have seen way too many BMWs with that error..
Cool! Thanks for the pic. I am sure it will help and I will be sure to keep badge well below the top of trunk!!

Dave

·
Registered
754 Posts
Dave:
I measured the location of the M5 when I debadged my Beast.
I'll fax you a copy if you provide me your full name and fax number.
Please PM me if I can help.

///M_Addict said:
Hello All!

I am a new member on the board here, but have already made extensive use of the board and archives! Two days ago I moved up from my 99 M3 (Which I loved!) to a 2000 M5. I still can't sleep at night!! This is my fourth BMW. I have previously owned a 97 328is, a 98 540i 6-speed and a 99 M3. I plan on upgrading the NAV system, as adding Bluetooth and Sirus to the car.

On a more mundane note, the car was debadged when I got it and I can totally understand why someone would want to do that. However, for now I would like to re-badge it. Does anyone have pictures or measurements of where to place the ///M and 5?

Thanks in Advance!
Dave

:M5launch:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Welcome to the board. :cheers: Enjoy the beast, it will put that cheshire cat smile on you face everytime you take her out. :M5launch:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BmwNut said:
Welcome to the board! This is a great place, and it is good to have you aboard. Congrats on the beast, and pictures?
If you search in the owners gallery you'll find quite a few pictures that show the correct place for the badge. I would recomend using magnetic one sided tape on the badge, as it will hold well and also be able to be moved in case it isnt placed correctly. Seeing badges too high or too low bugs me... ouich
OK, Finally was able to take some pictures and post them in the owners gallery! Let me know what you think!

Dave

·
Registered
124 Posts
As the former owner...............you bought a supremely great car.........had no issues and it was maintained to a fault.........I was 2nd owner and the first owner was an older dentist who kept in a climate controlled garage and never tracked or abused it........I never tracked it either, but did a few runs with some cop friends at 150 plus for 1/2 hour jaunts in middle of the night........car is just magnificent........one question..........what did you pay for my former Beast ? Good luck and many years of happy motoring !!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome the board of M drivers..... http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/

newreply.php?do=newreply&p=490687#

Thanks in Advance!
Dave

:M5launch:[/QUOTE] :blabla: :blabla: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
///M_Addict said:
OK, Finally was able to take some pictures and post them in the owners gallery! Let me know what you think!

Dave
Whoops, I'm asleep at the switch here. She is gorgeous!! I bet she is in a very happy home right now. I understand why you want badges too, for some reason the trunk looks a little naked when it is badgeless and silver. Go figure, as I love badgeless on other colors, but IMO it would look better with an M5 badge back there. Or a 520D... :biggrin: Magnetic tape can also be purchased at arts and crafts stores, or hardware stores.
fadiha said:

Thanks in Advance!
Dave
Dave- Post number three in this thread by pkarmouche gives some measurements to help you out. Other than that you can check out the pictures, and use magnetic tape so you can move the badge around in case you didnt get it right the first time. Enjoy the beast!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts