BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

New member here... just arrived back in CA Bay Area after a 3 1/2 day, 2,591 mile trip back from Columbus, Ohio in my new '03. I still can't get this silly grin off my face! :1: I flew out to purchase board member BLUEDOG's (Dan Snyder) absolutely perfect late-2003 sterling grey/black luxury/13K miles with DINAN c.a.i., air mass meters and 3.45 differential :biggrin: . The car was everything Dan represeented it to be...it looked like it was sitting on the showroom floor but just happened to have 13K miles on it. I had driven many 2003's in my hunt, and this car was worth every bit of the effort to get it.

I had great weather for the long drive back, and the beast survived the trip without a flaw. It gave me a chance to get to know the car...and to open it up quite nicely on those long Utah desert stretches. BTW, for what it's worth, my overall mpg was much better than I expected. For the entire trip, I averaged 22.8 mpg. It ranged from a low of 22 mpg at 80+ mph (most of the time!) to a high of 26 mpg at 65 mph -- quite surprising to me, especially given the 3.45 differential.

Thanks to Dan and his lovely wife, who were such gracious hosts to this California car nut, and genuinely really nice people. Dan even sent me home with an authentic BUCKEYE jersey for my seven year-old son. It is big for him wear just yet, but he has still slept in it every night since. How cool is that?! Another example of a great experience purchasing from a board member...

I'm not new to BMW's, having owned two previous M3's...but I've always lusted for an M5. I look forward to meeting many of you on the drive down to Bimmerfest this weekend.

Jim

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats Jim and welcome to the board. Sounds like you had a great drive home (any pics?).

Don't worry - the grin only gets bigger with time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Jim,

Welcome to the board. YOu have a wonderful car. Where about are you in the Bay Area? I'm in Los Altos. Hope to see your new baby someday. Sterling Grey is my favorite color.

Does your car come with Power Chip? If not, it's well worth your consideration. Can make your good gas mileage great gas mileage.

Enjoy the fine weather and finer M5. You will be a happy feller.

CP

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a couple of pics... bear with me if I did not attach them correctly!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
VERY NICE Awesome pics! CONGRATS!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Fantastic! Welcome.

Beautiful color

·
Registered
445 Posts
awesome color! congrats! Where in the bay area are you?

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Beautiful color! One of my favorites! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Bimmerfest too! Are you going with the M5 caravan down from Gilroy?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I'll be caravaning down with the San Jose/Gilroy group on Friday morning. Looking forward to it.

·
10,458 Posts
congratulations and welcome to the board.
We should set up another bay area lunch, maybe sometime in the next few weeks...
Mike

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Well Done.

I almost made that drive...

Congrats!

A

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, all, for the warm welcomes. Anxiously awaiting the drive to Santa Barbara for Bimmerfest this weekend and the chance to meet some of you.

·
Registered
626 Posts
congrats on your beast. i invite you to join us to go the bimmerfest with me and other members of the board this friday. refer to this thread - http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49946&highlight=bay+area+bimmerfest

emperor
:M5launch: :viking:

JP 99300 said:
Hi Gang,

New member here... just arrived back in CA Bay Area after a 3 1/2 day, 2,591 mile trip back from Columbus, Ohio in my new '03. I still can't get this silly grin off my face! :1: I flew out to purchase board member BLUEDOG's (Dan Snyder) absolutely perfect late-2003 sterling grey/black luxury/13K miles with DINAN c.a.i., air mass meters and 3.45 differential :biggrin: . The car was everything Dan represeented it to be...it looked like it was sitting on the showroom floor but just happened to have 13K miles on it. I had driven many 2003's in my hunt, and this car was worth every bit of the effort to get it.

I had great weather for the long drive back, and the beast survived the trip without a flaw. It gave me a chance to get to know the car...and to open it up quite nicely on those long Utah desert stretches. BTW, for what it's worth, my overall mpg was much better than I expected. For the entire trip, I averaged 22.8 mpg. It ranged from a low of 22 mpg at 80+ mph (most of the time!) to a high of 26 mpg at 65 mph -- quite surprising to me, especially given the 3.45 differential.

Thanks to Dan and his lovely wife, who were such gracious hosts to this California car nut, and genuinely really nice people. Dan even sent me home with an authentic BUCKEYE jersey for my seven year-old son. It is big for him wear just yet, but he has still slept in it every night since. How cool is that?! Another example of a great experience purchasing from a board member...

I'm not new to BMW's, having owned two previous M3's...but I've always lusted for an M5. I look forward to meeting many of you on the drive down to Bimmerfest this weekend.

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts