BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I have been watching and reading for the last few weeks. I am proud to say that I bought a 2003 Sterling Grey M5 with the imola red inserts and 56,000 miles. This is my 4th BMW and 2nd M car (2001 M Roadster). The car is amazing and puts a big smile on my face when I find time to drive it. I am planning a few modifictaions and have done two so far. I went with a black grill with m badge and alos have replaced the side markers with smoked ones. I plan on having my tail lamps "smoked" by an awesome paint shop. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Welcome...good to see another Atlanta member on the forum. :applause:

What other mods do you have in store and where are those pics??? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry. I just fixed the problem I was having with the pics and they now up. i have also wired my radar detector and xm radio. i was thinking about adding bluetooth, magna flow exhaust, upgrading the air filters and reflashing the software. Also, my car has the M audio package which I think sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Interesting color combo....looks good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. the Sterling is sort of subtle color for the m5 but I think it gives me a sleeper sort of look which I like. The red interior is quite another story. Took some getting used to but I like it and it is not as common.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats - beautiful car. Welcome to the Atlanta M5's.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congrats and welcome! The color combo looks great! BTW I've been thinking about an s54 MRoadster for a while. Any advice when shopping for one of these rare cars?

Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats and welcome! The color combo looks great! BTW I've been thinking about an s54 MRoadster for a while. Any advice when shopping for one of these rare cars?

Dennis
No real advice. I sort of stumbled onto my M Roadster. I was just in my local BMW dealer and they had a cpo one sitting on the floor. It was silver with a solid black interior. Fun as hell to drive. Not such a great daily driver since it rode pretty rough and the exhaust was loud at highway speeds. Mine did have a problem once. The third brakelight, which is recessed into the trunk lid leaked and all my trunk contents got wet. Good luck to you in your search.

Reactions: sjdennis

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome! That's a beautiful car. You're going to really enjoy the M5 board. The members are extremely knowledgeable and fanatical about their M5's. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Welcome!
:cheers:
Dave

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Very nice ride :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts