BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post to say Hi to everyone and introduce myself.

Ever since seeing this top gear review on the TV back in the day I wanted a M5.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agKyva3fIkI<o:p></o:p>
Well finally after a long wait that day arrived a few weeks ago, and I love it. Just starting it up puts a smile on my face. Had a few nice cars before but none of them managed to do that! <o:p></o:p>
Anyway, first off a BIG THANKS to all the people who have put in the time and effort to contribute so much useful information on this board without which I don’t think I would have taken the plunge. Buying a 10 yr old 4.9 V8 BMW with over 100K miles seems like madness to most people. I could have bought a nearly new, low mileage economical sensible car for the same amount! But after spending hours and hours reading so many posts (much of it in work time :biggrin:) my conclusion was that it could be done without breaking the bank. (And hopefully will be done.)<o:p></o:p>
Here are a few pics of the car. Sorry it’s not clean got the car just before the snow and icy weather and haven’t got round to cleaning it or taking any decent pictures.<o:p></o:p>
Last 2 pics show my other toy…..not happy about the newcomer.<o:p></o:p>
Finally, happy new year to you all and may all the beasties on the board keep running strong.
<o:p></o:p>
Quick shout to member mikey-r……….yes that’s your old car…..…now its mine! :goldcup:<o:p></o:p>

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Welcome. It's good to see a fellow UK M5 owner.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Excellent.... I'm glad it's gone to a (new) forum member! Do you know what... I recognised it from the pics before I saw the text. How.... from the wheel nuts. How anal is that! (Mercedes nuts with one blank locking). The front looks a damn site better that when I let her go; looks much prettier without the stone chips.

I sincerely hope you enjoy it even half as much as I did.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want any background info to the car mate.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome.Looks a nice example

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hello , car looks nice & original, nice to see another M5 without horrible tinted rear side windows !

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hello , car looks nice & original, nice to see another M5 without horrible tinted rear side windows !

·
Registered
105 Posts
LMB, the fastest colour!

Per
sonally, I think buying a nearly new, low mileage economical sensible car is madness when you could buy an E39 M5 for the same money. (Obviously the running costs may be a tad higher, but that's the difference between someone who views a car as an appliance versus a car as a hobby.)

This has got to be the richest owners' forum there is - a massive enhancement to the ownership experience.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Welcome to the ownership of such a fantastic car! May your M5 serve you well!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome! :byebye:

Did the Celica get 'promoted' to the daily driver status?

·
1,939 Posts
Welcome aboard! I hope you get as much pleasure from your M5, and this board, as I do...

Whereabouts are you in our green and pleasant land?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome to the beast club:15:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Welcome along.

Certainly thebest clour to go for :)

cheers and enjoy the new beast

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys I appreciate it. LMB the fastest and best colour because I only do the best. :biggrin:

Excellent.... I'm glad it's gone to a (new) forum member! Do you know what... I recognised it from the pics before I saw the text. How.... from the wheel nuts. How anal is that! (Mercedes nuts with one blank locking). The front looks a damn site better that when I let her go; looks much prettier without the stone chips.

I sincerely hope you enjoy it even half as much as I did.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want any background info to the car mate.
Mikey-r. Im impressed if a little worried that you recognised it from the wheel nuts! ;) ....its the kind of thing I would do.
The car is going well at the moment.....very well :D Can't PM you but you can find me at hotmail dot com.

Welcome! :byebye:

Did the Celica get 'promoted' to the daily driver status?
The celica was already a daily driver and was going to be demoted to less of a daily driver. But with the petrol price now :eek:h: im not so sure. But hey its only money.

Welcome aboard! I hope you get as much pleasure from your M5, and this board, as I do...

Whereabouts are you in our green and pleasant land?
The beast now lives in the most cultured, sophisticated and intellectual city of our country..........Cambridge.

·
1,939 Posts
...The beast now lives in the most cultured, sophisticated and intellectual city of our country..........Cambridge.
Hmmm. I'm from Oxford so not sure that I'd agree with that ;)

But welcome anyway :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts