BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Brian, I'm a 44 yr old husband, dad, friend, and real estate agent in Tacoma, WA.

I'm not sure I'm even posting this in the right spot, but I'll learn. Maybe.

I've wanted a BMW for... quite a long time. In 2000, I had an opportunity to buy a decent E30 M3 for $7000. I think about that often as a huge mistake not having done it. The next car of note was in '05, a 2003 Nissan 350z. I weighed that against an E46 M3 at the time and decided on the Nissan, betting on Japanese reliability and cost to repair. That was my 3rd Z car. I spent a lot of time pouring over pages and articles and looking for just the right parts and over the years, built quite a beautiful car. I toyed with selling it several times but never have and still have it today. Next was an 08 Wrangler 4 door. My 6th Jeep, 4th Wrangler. Big, obnoxious, and awesome. Then a 2007 CBR 600RR. I wanted this bike for a long time and one day browsing CL I happened to find one in the right color with really low miles so I grabbed that.
Now... none of these vehicles are particularly practical. The Z is lowered and has 2 seats, which was fine when I bought it, pre-children. The Jeep is huge and thirsty, and while it does have 4 doors, it isnt particularly easy to drive. The motorcycle? 'Nuff said there. The other thing they all have in common is they are ALL blue.

SO... as a realtor, I figured its time to grow up a little. I had a few cars in mind, mostly an M3 since I've wanted one for a long time. But not to make decisions too fast, I decided to throw a few hats in the ring. M3 (mainly e92), Panamera S, F10 550i, F10 M5, F06 650i Gran Coupe/ M6... I even test drove an F80 M3 but my wife said it felt like a kids car. To me it felt like a fun car that I would LOVE to wring the crap out of. But I also knew what she meant. I drove all of them except the M5. The only one in my state for sale in mandatory blue, was 2.5 hour drive away. So I didn't make the trip. I considered, weighed, asked friends opinions, read articles, talked to anyone who would listen and couldn't make a decision. .... until I did make that 2.5 hour drive. It instantly became crystal clear. I drove the car and bought it on the spot. It's out of warranty and nobody seems to sell an aftermarket warranty for M cars. I talked to my buddy James from Vivid Racing... he said do it anyway. So done. I bought a 2013 M5 with 70k miles. Monte Carlo Blue idk what color the interior is, but it's almost white. I didn't think I'd like it, but so far, I actually do like it.

So what am I here for? Community, curiosity, suggestions, support etc.

I like to make my cars customized, though BMW's tend to need a lot less. M5's even less less. If you have suggestions for tasteful and practical upgrades while less ferocious to the bank account, I'm interested in knowing what they are and why....

That's all for now, gonna hit the post button and see what happens.

Brian
Tacoma, WA
2013 F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the beast-side

I also have a Montecarlo blue M5 f10, 2012 year modell. Black leather inside. Not so much spec, but I was after the engine and the joy the car shares. I had the M5 e60 with the V10 before, two diffrent cars in driving experienc.

My M5 also got Schmiedmann exhaust, not all the way only the last bit. Sounds to be perfect, and dont need more noice. My neighboor dont like the sound of it

almost white inside? sounds to me like Merino Silverstone leather you got. That is OMG in my pants on that color.

Good luck with the car, and once again: Welcome

Here is my down below:

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, thank you. I looked up that color and seems to be about right. I'll definitely be watching when wearing new jeans in the car. Maybe I'll throw some leather wet wipes under the seat or something.

So far, my car seems to be stock aside from the 20inch wheels. I'd actually like to find a set of (maybe factory) 19's just for the ride quality.
I don't think I 'need' a louder exhaust, but my friend did suggest gutting the cats and getting a tune for a slightly
more aggressive exhaust and (I think) +80 HP. ... not that I'm used to the 560 it has now. 😂

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ah, thank you. I looked up that color and seems to be about right. I'll definitely be watching when wearing new jeans in the car. Maybe I'll throw some leather wet wipes under the seat or something.

So far, my car seems to be stock aside from the 20inch wheels. I'd actually like to find a set of (maybe factory) 19's just for the ride quality.
I don't think I 'need' a louder exhaust, but my friend did suggest gutting the cats and getting a tune for a slightly
more aggressive exhaust and (I think) +80 HP. ... not that I'm used to the 560 it has now.
Yea, The 19” if we think about the same is good looking also. I am searching for those to in good shape, but the price is very high.

Na, I’ll keep my stock, beside exhaust and sport filters. :) It is more then enough.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Dont know about US market, but europe the 19” is stock wheels and the 20” is optional.

Correct. 19" style 345M is the stock "standard" wheel on the F10 M5. The 20" style 343M wheel is what many new buyers opted for so you see a lot of them out there. I like both styles now that I've seen them both in person. On the internet, I disliked the 19's. Then I bought a set for winter use and they've really grown on me. They make the car look more conservative and the wolf in sheep's clothing that an M5 is supposed to be. The 343M wheels are more aggressive and certainly look good too. I have summer only PS4S tires on those.

Original poster (OP) - congrats on the car! Looks like a nice one. 70k miles is not bad. My 2013 is currently sitting at 67k and goes up daily. Do you have any maintenance history? There are some items that are highly recommended to do to maintain performance and longevity if there is no history of them being done. Mostly basic stuff. Let us know what you know. :)

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts