BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you know of anyone wanting to sell their Vorsteiner CF single or double sided VRH (open vents) , I am interested in purchasing right away provided its in good condition and hopefully US based. Please contact me via my profile info if you know of anyone. Thanks for any asistance !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vorsteiner CF VRH -for E60 M5

Thank you both Hasan & JWD for your reply. Yes I know Vorsteiner stopped production, nuts! I was bummed out when I found out, thus the post for any one
of our fellow M5Board members, as you never now. I wrote an email to Vorsteiner but have not received a response yet ( asked them to forward to the top brass for special consideration ), also tried 4 or 5 vendors to see if they had any in stock, no one did. 4 out of the 5 did not know they stopped production and I had to tell them.
Anyway if your hear of anything, please let me know. I am considering the hood by VIS , as they have a few but most people / shops tell me Vorsteiner has the best fitment. So I am on the fence.

Seems us E60 M5 owners are being pushed to the side for M3's as theu have a larger market. Still bummed out and I am planning on going to Bimmerfest to network some and see if I can locate one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TO Hasan M6 Vorsteiner VRH Question

Hasan, I did not ask, sorry should have but was so dissapointed , did not think to ask.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vorsteimer CF VRH

I was told by a shop owner that these hood molds are very expensive to produce and have a limited production life as fitment becomes less reliable towards the end of the production batch. I am hoping if enough demand is created and sent to Vorsteiner, they will do a new mold and start selling again. Not sure if this is reality but hope so. It would help if our fellow M5 Board members that actually want to purchase one would send then an email or call their office, perhaps we can make it happen. The look is outstanding and the quality from my prior research is top shelf. i am planning / looking to do the G-Power twin SC or perhaps the ESS SC if it comes out for Bimmerfest in May and wanted the venting (and grest look ) of the Vorsteiner CF Hood. Oh well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I have been asking for this hood also, I sent a PM to Nick and this was his response ( I have deleted the price as I am not sure if I should post as yet).

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hey there,

Sorry my PM didn't get to you earlier. Vorsteiner is putting these back into production in about 3-4 months, pricing would run $xxxx for the single sided version.

Let me know if you are interested in setting up a preorder and we can do it when they are back into production.

Nick

Reactions: MarkW

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I forgot to mention that this was a PM from only 3 days ago so I believe it will happen mmmmmm

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ACG (& Hasan ) - thanks very much I will also email Nick to get on list, remaining hopeful it will come thru.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Guys

I will check this out for you as we are the Middle East Disties for them.

Last I heard was the M5 hood mould was life expired and they did not think it would be worth the cost of making a new mold seeing as the car is no longer produced.

There is a lot in the pipeline from Vorsteiner this year.................. I Know!!!!!

And something that will interest the people of this board!!!! :biggrinbounce:

Reactions: MarkW

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys

I will check this out for you as we are the Middle East Disties for them.

Last I heard was the M5 hood mould was life expired and they did not think it would be worth the cost of making a new mold seeing as the car is no longer produced.

There is a lot in the pipeline from Vorsteiner this year.................. I Know!!!!!

And something that will interest the people of this board!!!! :biggrinbounce:
Thanks Amjad ! I too agree the cost of the mold is expensive. I hope they reconsider as there are still E60 owners out there that want this hood(like me and ACG) and I expect actually more as the these E60 M5's are sold for the new M5, the new/used buyers will also want the VRH upgrade. Anyway many thanks and lets us know
what goodies are on the way, when appropriate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts