BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on the site for about 2 weeks. bought the M6 a week ago. its a 2006 with 11k miles. This is my first BMW. So far its a beautiful machine. I opened the filter box to take out the charcoal filters and to my surprise they were already gone. I wonder what else has been done to the car from the previous owner. Im sure i will have pleanty of questions for you veterans. but for now just wanted to say hello.

Sorry for the mispelling in the subject: should read new member...new owner.

Sattya

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Welcome to the Dark side onwen....the Force is strong!

·
Registered
155 Posts
welcome to the clubb!! please post pics of ur car asap!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome. Please share some pictures. Enjoy her in good health.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the welcomes. I will post picts as soon as get the car washed. Hopefully today.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will take some Picts this weekend. But I was wondering how much wheel gap there is on the stock m6. Mine looks lower than stock.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I will take some Picts this weekend. But I was wondering how much wheel gap there is on the stock m6. Mine looks lower than stock.
Post some pics and we'll let you know. Welcome. :1:

·
Registered
607 Posts
My 2006 is 100% stock. Heck, I still have that blue protective film on my dead pedal and the break-in stickers on the windshield.

I have exactly 2 inches of clearance on my rear wheels and 2 1/4 inches on the front. Too much, BTW.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
here are the picts

well here are a few pictures of the car. hope you enjoy.
there is so much to learn about this car.
does this car look like stock height?
also the interior AC Schnitzer trim is coming up, the ash tray will not go down because the trim is lifting and there is another place where it curves into the navigation where it is coming up as well. any suggestions.:dunno:

thats my other car the G35.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm betting that the car has been lowered and with Eibach springs. How's your ride? Eibach springs feel almost as comfortable as the stocks. In any case, beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
definitely looks lowered

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind words. The rides very well with the springs on there (whatever they may be)
so any suggestions on the interior trim?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Personally, I prefer the original carbon fiber....particularly with the light colored leather. Dealer should be able to help....
Good point...you can get rid of the AC int...and redo it with CF.....$$$$$

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Personally, I prefer the original carbon fiber....particularly with the light colored leather. Dealer should be able to help....
i have to agree also. i will take it to the dealer and see what they say.
thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts