BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'd like to give a BIG BIG thanks to mishkinm5. He was willing to drive the car to meet me half way and was a very very nice guy. The transaction went smoothly and I drove it back to Greenville this past Sunday afternoon.

The car is perfect in every way; I really can't say much else! I'm still getting used to the clutch and the power, but I've gotten pretty good at getting around town already. This car is such an enormous jump from an IS300 that there just aren't any comparisons that can be made. It's truly awesome.

She needs a wash and a vacuum, but without further ado, here's some pictures!

-Chris :cheers:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congrats! Car looks great.

I was perusing the pictures, and saying to myself "Geez, that looks awfully familiar." Then I saw the Nav screen, and the Furman key chain. "Of course." Since I'm a Greenville SC native, and used to spend almost endless hours cycling around the lake at Furman, I thought I recognized the scenery!

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Welcome!!.......

My, she looks very different in stock form. 'Was a "full monty" Dinan S2 + cams (see plaque on engine bay front cross beam). Mike parted out the mods and did a great job returning her to stock.

Enjoy!!:)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris!

I am glad things worked out for you.

I must admit, it is kind of funny seeing the car in stock form after seeing it in Dinan form just a few months ago. Makes you do a double take. :hihihi:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Dang... how did you manage to find that color combo and condition? I've been looking for that exact combo and they aren't that easy to find. So close to home too...

Do you mind if i ask where you looked to find it?

By the way, welcome and congrats on the new car purchase!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats man

Your going to love it

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Beautiful car, very low miles. Now, just take $30K and convert it back to an S2.:):M5launch:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang... how did you manage to find that color combo and condition? I've been looking for that exact combo and they aren't that easy to find. So close to home too...

Do you mind if i ask where you looked to find it?

By the way, welcome and congrats on the new car purchase!
I actually found it right here on the board. I looked all over the internet and eventually made a WTB post in the for sale section. Mike just happened to post that he was selling his car, so I decided to jump on it. It did take me a couple of months to find the right one, but it was worth it. lovelove

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
dang... lol. good snag cause if u didn't take it i would have. lol

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Chris, I am glad you are enjoying the car. Glad everything worked out great. I know you will take as good care of the car as i always have. Enjoy her she is a beauty! I miss her already. :crying2:

Here is what she looked like before!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
BTW, Chris, you already have a few Dinan mods. Dinan Stage 1 flywheel with s2 clutch, S2 badge, and most importantly Dinan floor mats!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
BTW, Chris, you already have a few Dinan mods. Dinan Stage 1 flywheel with s2 clutch, S2 badge, and most importantly Dinan floor mats!
Looks like you got a better deal than you expected. Well maybe not, since mishkinm5 left it all dirty :hihihi: Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Looks like you got a better deal than you expected. Well maybe not, since mishkinm5 left it all dirty :hihihi: Welcome to the board!
Not true! I had it fully detailed. Mats were in the trunk at the time of delivery. Chris already managed to make them dusty! :1: Plus the weather was sub par so the car managed to get dirty on its 310 mile cruise for delivery.

Mike

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not true! I had it fully detailed. Mats were in the trunk at the time of delivery. Chris already managed to make them dusty! :1: Plus the weather was sub par so the car managed to get dirty on its 310 mile cruise for delivery.

Mike
It was even worse when I got it back to Greenville. I didn't have time to wash it, so I just sprayed all of the road dust off of it at a self serve car wash (I don't really like those things).

I put the mats in because the paper was getting crumpled up under my feet and I didn't want my shoes rubbing anything in on the bottom carpet. :hihihi:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Congrats to the low mileage beast - you will enjoy!

I did not know that sport interior was deliverable together with active seats?
I always thought active seats where only delivered with in combination with comfort seats.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts