BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone...this is my first post on the board. I just bought my first M5 about two weeks ago...a 2002 Alpine White with the all black sport interior and 20,000 miles...no paint work, no damage, nice clean car. Let me first start off by saying I LOVE THIS CAR !!

I live in Atlanta, GA and I bought the car from Paramount Porsche in Hickory, NC. I traded in my lightly modified 2003 330i ZHP.

The M5 was bone stock when I picked it up...but so far I put on a set of the 19" BBS LM Rims with Michelin PS2 tires. I can really feel a nice difference with the new wheels...a little more response and better handling...and I have always loved the BBS LM classy but racy look. My buddies down at Butler Tire in Buckhead put the wheels on for me and they did a great job. The specs on the wheels and tires are BBS LM 19" x 8.5" front and 19" x 10" rear with Michelin PS2 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear.

Also, I ordered the Eisenmann Race exhaust from Eisenhaus with the round 83mm tips. I had it installed last week by Buckhead Mufflers and Repairs on Piedmont Road in Buckhead...and at the same time, I had them remove the factory resonator and weld in some straight pipe replacement. Jose is the owner at Buckhead Muffler and he did a wonderful job lining up the tips and making sure everything was "just right". I highly recommend them to anyone who needs exhaust work, just tell them that Garrett with the white M5 sent you and they will take great care of you!

My impressions of the new exhaust...WOW. Can you say loud? All I can say is that I wanted a loud race car exotic higher pitched roar and that's exactly what I got. I really had a hard time choosing my exhaust system, and did a lot of research here on the board before deciding on the the Eisenmann Race with straight pipes. I might end up switching to something a little bit calmer later on down the road, but I love the sound for right now! :biggrin:

I know tons of people get the Supersprint X-Pipe, but for now I decided to just have the straight pipe welded in...and am really wondering if I should have gone with the X-Pipe, or if it would sound the same as my straight pipe, or any gain or loss in horsepower...torque...any thoughts? I see lots of posts on the effect of the X-Pipe, but hardly any on simply removing the resonators and welding in straight pipes. I talked with John at Eisenhaus for a long time about this situation, and he recommended to just go for the straight pipe, but I still wonder which is "best". :confused2

I also have a few other goodies coming very soon. I ordered the Umnitza Projector 39 Headlight Replacement Kit with Halos and 5000K Xenons. They should arrive in a week or two, I will definately post pictures and results when I have them on. I also ordered a few Kelleners items...the aluminum pedal set (clutch, brake, and gas), aluminum e-brake handle, and the Short Shifter Stage 2 (50% throw reduction) with black and aluminum shift knob.

As for the car in general...so far so good, it really drives great and I am so glad I decided on the Alpine White. I really have a lot of modification plans for the beast, and I will definately post pictures of all of the new stuff if you guys and gals are interested. :)

And...for all of you guys in Atlanta, I would love to meet up with you guys. I am a modifications freak and would really like to hear and experience your modified beasts! Plus, I just love cars in general...all cars, but especially BMW's and Corvettes. I live in Buckhead but I can pretty much meet up anywhere around the Atlanta area, especially at night or on the weekends. My cell number is 678-637-1515 just so you guys have it for the future.

Here's some pictures of the car, with pictures of the new BBS LM wheels and the new Eisenmann exhaust.

Thanks, Garrett

Attachments

·
10,445 Posts
great looking car. You'll probably loose a little hp and torque without any type of ballance pipe. did the shop incorporate an H pipe or anything to connect the two sides of the exhaust? The crossover usually will boost torque a bit, and quiet down the exhaust a touch. Enjoy the car!
Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the board:cheers: Love the look of your car,white M5 with BBS LM's are sooo sexy.You wasted no time modding it.I have had mine nearly two years now,and have just gone thru the anguish of weather to sell or not? Iv'e decided to keep it for another year!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome to the board! Your car looks very nice.

The Eisenmann Exhaust sound very nice. Good luck with it!

Marion

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome to the board Garrett & congratulations!

Your car looks beautiful :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Welcome to the board Garrett & congratulations!

Your car looks beautiful :cheers:
Garrett, the white looks much better than I had imagined. I'm curious to hear how loud the exhaust is compared to my Dinan system. I will give you a call.

Another member David lives in Brookhaven and I live in Buckhead. He just bought a Tubi exhaust and should have it on in the next week. Best John

·
Registered
931 Posts
Garrett,

Welcome to the board! Nice looking car.... and mods to match :thumbsup:

Good luck :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks !!

Thanks for all of the kind words!!...and to John...sure, just give me a call sometime and we can meet up. I can't wait to hear the Tubi, and of course your Dinan is always a treat too...:biggrin:

The first M5 I ever drove was the Imola Red M5 currently sitting in the used car lot at Global Imports. It has a bunch of Dinan stuff on it, including exhaust, chip, intake, headers, and I think suspension also...man that car is an animal! I drove that car, and decided I just had to have one! One week later, I bought my white beast.

It was really hard not to just buy the Dinan exhaust and bolt it up since I knew I loved the sound...but I am always up for something a little more aggressive so I went with the Eisenmann Race...I would love to hear the Dinan again though, and compare it to the Eisenmann and the Tubi, also would love to hear the Supersprint with X-Pipe.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Great looking car! Does the Umnitza setup get rid of the amber corner headlights? Also, make sure to get rear silvervision bulbs to clean up the tail lights.

Travis

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congratulations on the great looking car Garrett! Welcome to the board :thumbsup:

Robert

·
Registered
351 Posts
Garrett,

Welcome and good to have another M5'er in the hood. I just got back in town and picked up my car with the new Tubi and I am loving every minute of it! As I drove past all of the joggers and walkers this morning around Capital City Club, I saw many heads turning. Time to wake up this sleepy neighborhood.
I saw John messaging you as well and it appears we'll have to have another mini M5 get together soon. In particular to hear everyone's new exhausts.
Look forward to meeting you.
TripleD

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tripleD,

All right! You have been Tubied!

Can't wait to hear it...we will have to arrange to have a Atlanta area M5 meet in the next week or two. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there. :M5thumbs:

Maybe next Sunday? I'm cool with anything though.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey tripleD,

Forgot to ask where you had the exhaust installed and if you think they did a good job with it...did everything go smoothly?

I really can't wait to hear it!...and see those nice shiny tips.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts