BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Alpine White M6 6MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone.

New to the forum. Made an account a month or two ago but this is my first post. Bought my beast back in July, its a 2008 Coupe, Alpine White/black interior, 6MT(!!😄), just cracked 66,000 miles (had a little over 63,000 when I got it, lots of miles in a short amount of time lol). Loving it so far. Honestly still trying to get used to driving it, my first two cars were a '94 325i and a '00 323i, both manuals, but obviously (a lot) less power. Seems like this car is made to drive smoother when you really push it at mid-high rpms, shifting at lower rpms feels noticeably rougher/clunkier.

Had a misfire and a door lock actuator issue back in late August that caught me off guard, but other than that it's been pretty good. I'm having a battery discharge problem now, so I plan to get that checked out when I get my next oil change, ideally within the next couple of weeks.

Mods: only mod so far is new shadow lights (those little lights on the bottom of the door when you open them). Replaced the dull yellowish/white with ///M logo lights. Subtle change but definitely gives it a nice modern touch. Bought a UUC short-shift kit that I'll probably get installed when I go for the oil change and battery. Also contacted ossdesigns about a headlight build, haven't heard back from them yet (if anyone has worked with them in the past let me know!). I know their builds are expensive and I could just upgrade the angel eyes to a brighter, bluer set, but I've already convinced myself that I don't mind shelling out the money. I have a decently long list of other mods that I plan to do, power, handling, exterior, etc. that'll hopefully come down the road. Since there's not a lot of miles on it I'm hoping it'll last me a long time to make the mods worthwhile.

Anyways, there's my long, rambling intro. Looking forward to making the beast my own. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for me as a relatively new owner, please send em my way! I want to beat the stereotype that these cars are only fun to drive and not fun to own.

P.S. - I'm located in Nassau County, NY, if anyone lives around here and has recommendations for shops to use (I've heard good things about European Auto in Oceanside), meets to go to, etc. let me know

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had my 2006 6 speed since 04/2018. 69980 miles. Couple of warning lights when I received it: replaced the throttle actuators, WPC bearings, ARP rod bolts, VANOS oil lines, 4 disks, pads, installed headers, ECU reflash (Vivid Racing, O2 sensor delete, top speed limit delete, warm up delete,), K&N air filters, just purchased a set of giant 380 X 36 mm front and rear disks with 8 pot front, 4 pot rear calipers, (pending install).

My next move will be sleeved pistons and seriously thinking of a lightweight flywheel. Ahhh, the advantages of a manual vs the SMG.

Interiors are impeccable, doing leather care every 2 months, smells great.

Drive to work every day, presently at 91,000 and loving every inch of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts