BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Great reading!

You need to finish of with cherry on the top of the cake:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/m-oil-cap/11121405452/?gclid=CP__wPeq2uICFYWenwod368D7w

My factory one was leaking even though it was replaced recently and this one took care of it plus it belongs there anyway.

Glad you enjoyed it.

It’s a great idea. I did consider it, however I felt that the stock one from the factory is the square one, so I kept it. I already replaced it since mine was weeping too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it.

It’s a great idea. I did consider it, however I felt that the stock one from the factory is the square one, so I kept it. I already replaced it since mine was weeping too.

I understand.
Besides look, this one seems better built than square one IMO. Plus, "M" logo oil cap is definitely at home in "M" engine bay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes. I left no stone unturned. New springs too. I’ll sell the old koni and Dinan spring assemblies all pre-assembled.

I added the GAS monoballs too.

By the way, Dinan recommends to modify the stiffness of their Koni shock when using their monoballs, not sure if people are aware.

Curious if you sourced regular Koni yellows or Dinan spec Koni yellows? I'm about to replace mine and was curious if you're trying to keep the S2 spec? I know the only difference (besides Dinan tax) is the pre-adjusted rebound.

Interesting about the adjustment for monoballs, I have those as well on my S2. My original shocks (108k) are awful so also doing full spring/shock/perch/pad/etc.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Curious if you sourced regular Koni yellows or Dinan spec Koni yellows? I'm about to replace mine and was curious if you're trying to keep the S2 spec? I know the only difference (besides Dinan tax) is the pre-adjusted rebound.

Interesting about the adjustment for monoballs, I have those as well on my S2. My original shocks (108k) are awful so also doing full spring/shock/perch/pad/etc.

Dinan whore here. Yes I went Dinan spec Koni.

While it seems the shocks on my car have 10-15k on them allegedly, with the full suspension refresh about to happen, I suspect there should be some noticeable difference. For you, absolutely!

Jedders Headers going in:

·
Registered
7,519 Posts
I can't figure out the engine case on the yellow bike. Husky? The Suzuki appears to be ~1972 TS400. ;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks great! I just did a complete suspension refresh on the Cayman and looking forward to doing the same on the M5. I'm gonna stick with my stock springs but go with the Koni sports too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice, looking good! What sway bar did you go with? Also, interesting the Unicorn headers use springs to help align together the collectors.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Seriously hard core thread, fun reading thanks.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts