BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas, new M5 owner here, I figured I would introduce myself. My name is JP, I’ve been “into” BMW’s since early 2000’s. I’ve been active under the same username on pretty much every BMW forum, mostly M3Forum. I own a variety of BMW’s, including 1991 318is, 2001 M5, 2005 X5 4.8is, 2006 M3 ZCP and 2016 328i xDrive Sportswagon.

I run a YouTube channel that you can visit https://www.youtube.com/user/BluePurpleRedGuides, where I post a variety of BMW DIY guides and some reviews, and I am excited to extend that to this M5.

I just took delivery of this new-to-me M5 last night, and bought it from a fellow board member, who took great care of the car. I have plans to do some refreshing of Beast over the next few weeks and I’ll be documenting them on the YouTube channel and a blog https://obsessedmotorsport.wordpress.com/ I threw up the other day.

PS if anyone has a rear DINAN strut brace let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Welcome! Nice ride

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only real updates are the myriad of parts I've been amassing for a refresh. Once that's done, it's tires and paint correction and then off to the races!

Very nice! Welcome to the board.

Nice welocme
Thank you!

Love the color and wheels! Subscribed for future updates.
Thank you as well! I am very partial to Blue, but I couldn't pass on this combo.

Nice pick up! Congratulations.
Thank you sir!

Aaron's old car?
Good eye! yes!

Looks to be in solid condition with the exception of those swirl marks in the rear pillar :wink
Indeed. I'll be correcting that paint in no time.

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very poetic! :)

What a beautiful example. Wishing you best with it, it found a good home I see next to the m3.
Thank you for the well wishing! The two compliment each other.

Welcome! Nice ride
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome and awesome car!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice to see you got an E39 M5! I got my first one about 1.5 years ago and have ended up with two more. Easily one of my favorite ///M models and I find myself enjoying driving it more than my E46 M3 for daily driving.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Old rad:

New rad going in:

Throttle and cam position sensors getting replaced. Spark plugs too.

New pulleys and tensioners too.

How was the throttle position sensor install? I got a P1637 code the other day and my OBD reader said the TPS.
I am reading about it now, sounds like a pita.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts